Director for Strategic Innovation
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Director for Strategic Innovation will be an influencer, thought leader, champion and shaper of Consuelo Foundation’s agendas surrounding child abuse prevention and intervention. S/he will lead the development and execution of our strategy of influencing policy and programming though its national-level government partnerships, research and advocacy, communications and knowledge management and monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system. In addition, s/he will have direct oversight of a range of projects that promote innovations in community-level child protection advocacy as well as other special projects.
Reporting to our Managing Director and in close collaboration with our Director for Programs, the incumbent will lead a team of 11 staff to design, manage and spearhead the delivery of the Strategic Innovation and Special Projects portfolio of the Foundation. S/he will lead this department with the goal of making a significant and innovative and evidence-based contribution in the field of child protection in the macro and meso levels of the Foundation’s ecosystem, ensuring impactful and quality representation of the Consuelo brand, and strengthening our position as an institution for the protection of at-risk children and women in the country.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
● Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Law, Public Administration, Communications or related fields; professional experience comparable with master’s degree may be considered.
● Solid experience and track record in child abuse prevention and intervention, project development, project management, effective engagement of public and private sector government leaders, NGO executives, academic community, private sector as well as donor groups.
● Ten (10) years relevant professional experience in senior leadership or management functions in the child protection sector and in influencing policy and programming
● Demonstrated experience in program monitoring, evaluation, communications and knowledge management, advocacy, research and budget management
● Demonstrated experience in senior level representation with ability to clearly articulate mission and advocacies to various audiences through written and oral communication
● Ability to lead a team, facilitate participatory design and ensure efficient management of multiple programs,
● Creative, passionate and innovative approach in working with partners to identify solutions
● Ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter describing to your profile and match to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
A competitive salary and benefits await the successful candidate.
Given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job