Data Management Consultant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 100 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
We implement USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, a five-year project that provides performance management support to USAID/Nepal and its implementing partners (IPs) in the form of planning and monitoring, evaluations and studies, and knowledge management. The project is responsible for providing M&E capacity building support to both USAID/Nepal and IP staff.
The MEL team seeks a data management consultant to prepare datasets for upload in the US Government’s Digital Data Library. These datasets were undertaken as part of an impact evaluation baseline survey of the USAID/Nepal-funded Hariyo Ban-II project. The largest dataset of household data contains 6,900 variables.
In order to make those datasets ready to upload in the format DDL requires, the task at hand will include the below major actions, as well as others as required.
We would like the consultant to start in the coming days.
*This work can be done remotely.
* Review materials for familiarization.
* Identify personally identifying information in the dataset (per DDL rules) and suggest what to remove.
* Prepare csv data files.
* Label check of variables/missing data.
* Shift columns at appropriate place.
* Convert to binary dummy coding.
* Delete redundant (looping) and adjusting coding of multiple response questions.
* Delete blank variables.
* Prepare communications for CAMRIS to communicate with USAID to determine and remove personally-identifiable information.
* Compute values after adjusting coding to compare and confirm with previously reported figures by running the syntax.
* Revise the questionnaire to align with changes.
* Break datafiles into as many datafiles as required to contain fewer than 500 variables.
* Delete personally identifiable information.
* Prepare value labels.
* Prepare codebook.
* Compile indicator definition and details.
* Prepare DDL information sheet.
* Compile informed consent document.
* Prepare readme file.
* Compile syntax.
* Coordinate with and responding to MEL team members.
* Uploade data file and required supplementary information.
* Perform any other tasks as required to upload the datasets.
* Six or more years’ experience managing and manipulating large quantitative datasets required, 8-10 years preferred.
* Experience manipulating data with Excel (flat) files required.
* Experience with R statistical software required.
* Experience with STATA and SPSS.
* Experience with filed-based data collection/survey software required.
* Experience with SurveytoGO Platform or another survey platform (such as Survey Solution) with looping logic strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of USAID's Data Development Library (DDL) preferred.
* Thematic understanding on forest plot, community preferred.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to apply:
Apply to Job