Content Planning Manager ( Maternity Leave Cover)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for an experienced content and comms professional to join our team as the Content Planning Manager (Mat leave) for 6 months, with likelihood to extend to 9 months.
As a global movement Save the Children has exceptionally ambitious advocacy, supporter growth, fundraising and programme delivery targets designed to maximise the positive impact that we can have for children across the world.
Powerful and engaging content is critical to achieving this ambition, whether across fundraising targets, when lobbying for political change, or raising brand and media profile. We are looking to transform the way we tell stories, creating memorable interactions with supporters through high quality, emotional, authentic global creative content. The Global Creative Content Unit (GCCU) is a small and nimble team, providing children's stories and supporter engagement content for Save the Children Members around the world.
As the Global Content Planner, you will have a busy role, ensuring we are able to strategically plan and gather the content necessary to produce outstanding materials and stories for use by all the fundraising, media, marketing, and digital teams across all our members. You will nurture close working relationships with Country Programme and Regional Comms teams and Save the Children's Member organisations, aligning with global teams to meet the content needs of the different markets, delivering outstanding content ensuring integrated working across the organisation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with the content gathering process, with an understanding of how content can be adapted for multiple audiences and channels
- Excellent skills in project management and using planning tools to be able to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and activities across several markets for an international organisation.
- Understanding of digital, fundraising, media, marketing, brand needs to ensure GCCU support and incorporation into GCCU planning.
- In depth knowledge of fundraising content needs in the NGO sector.
- Close attention to detail and relevant experience and knowledge to be able to sign off brand / factual / ethical elements of content, and ensure assets correctly flow through the sign-off stages up to final sign off by Head of GCCU.
- Experience and passion for finding new approaches to content, developing innovative ways to tell stories for a variety of audiences.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilise people from diverse business areas, to deliver a coherent content strategy meeting multiple objectives
- Excellent negotiation skills, combining tact with toughness, and ability to bring internal and external colleagues and partners together to develop integrated working to deliver outstanding content.
- Confident self-starter who can take the initiative to drive projects forward.
Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across the organisation.
Fluency in English and ideally with good working knowledge of at least one other language.
Commitment to the best practice in ethical and production values for content gathering - constantly seeking to improve standards to ensure Save the Children leads the way for the industry.
Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandates and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work.
Commitment to Save the Children's child protection policy.
- Strong experience of managing entire production process from planning content gathering trips to post production including the sign off process.
- Experience of working with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds from across the globe.
Experience in delivering content for use by global offices, and the impact of this on language use, type of content and format of products.
Ability to understand metadata and to be able to check that all content (both raw and edited) is correctly uploaded and tagged on the Digital Asset Management System.
Follow market trends across NGO, media, corporate, consumer sectors - sharing inspiring ideas and building better.
Confidence to representing the team in meetings / workshops / conferences - presenting the collective approach, promoting the importance and impact of good planning and great content and reporting back with detailed notes, findings and next steps.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job