Construction Site Supervisor
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Strict controls will be maintained to promote health and safety at all times, however, there is potential for exposure to SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The start date for this position is January 4, 2021.
Please note that the contracted pay rate for this position is $1,115 - $1,615/ month.
Due to the large volume of competitive applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered for this position. If you do not hear from us within 7 days of your submission, it is unlikely that we will interview you at this time. We appreciate your interest in working for All Hands and Hearts and invite you to revisit our Careers page regularly with the hope that you see another position that sparks your interest!
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing the project workflow and ensuring the quality and safety of all work carried out.
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Roles reporting to position: Site Supervisor, Site Supervisor trainee, Team Leaders
- The approximate number of reports: 2-6
This role is expected to offer a Medium Level of exposure risk, according to the OSHA Classification of Risk of Worker Exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
- Work with the Operations and Health, Safety and Security departments to develop and implement safety standards and protocols in response to COVID-19.
- Follow national, regional and local regulations in addition to the AHAH COVID-19 guidelines.
- If you feel unwell, experience any symptoms, or are aware that you have been in close contact with a lab certified case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days you should isolate immediately and notify your manager.
- Actively participate in ongoing risk assessment.
- Understand the risk of COVID-19 to you as an individual and notify your manager or the HR department if you have any concerns.
- Accept that risk cannot be removed from this situation.
- Give honest feedback.
- Responsible for managing the construction site(s), ensuring efficiency, quality control and divides the tasks among masons and volunteers as necessary.
- Liaises with the Volunteer Relations Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow and ensure there are sufficient people to meet the demands of the work.
- In communication with the Project Manager, develops an agreed set of safety and quality standards and design site protocols, in accordance with All Hands And Hearts Safety Management System, to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Provides on-site technical support and guidance to Site Supervisor (SS) and Site Supervisor Trainees (SST). Supports Project Manager in implementing and mentoring SS and SST through their training program.
- Provides on-site technical support to Team Leaders and develops a training program to build capacity in Team Leaders.
- Develops weekly updated forecasts of project schedule based on progress, targets, and deliverables.
- Liaises with the Logistics Coordinator to manage workflow and ensure there are sufficient resources (materials, tools, equipment, subcontractors) to meet demands of the work.
- Maintains accurate tracking systems of work completed, current progress and the site deliveries.
- Supports the Project Manager in delivering weekly and monthly project reports to the Program Director.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent. Education in Construction and Building Trades preferred.
- Related Experience Must have a minimum of 2-year professional construction experience. Experience managing logistics and/or in a development setting preferred. Previous international travel experience, preferably in developing countries.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Good written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. The familiarity of international humanitarian standards including Sphere and HAP.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. High-stress situations.
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
How to apply:
Please visit the Careers Page of our website to apply.
Apply to Job