Communications Internship, Stakeholders Programme (6 months)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
UPR Info is currently recruiting a Communication Intern within the Stakeholders Programme. Reporting to the Programme Manager, interns at UPR Info are given significant responsibilities, including tasks to perform both independently and in cooperation with other team members.
The internship will include, but will not be limited to the following tasks:
- Managing the website; uploading documents; reviewing our database of recommendations; translating pages into English, French and/or Spanish;
- Assisting with communications; writing news articles; preparing infographics; drafting press releases; updating social media;
- Developing our multimedia tools; and
- Assisting with our In-Country and Policy and Advocacy programmes and conducting focused research projects.
In addition, the intern will monitor and report on the 38th session of the UPR Working Group and the 46th sessions of the Human Rights Council, and UPR Info’s Pre-sessions in April.
To be considered for an internship at UPR Info, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or graduate programme (second university degree or Master's degree, or higher), at the time of application in one of the following fields: human rights, international relations, international law, or international development;
- Valid Swiss permit for the internship’s period.
- Interest in international human rights mechanisms, the United Nations system, and the Universal Periodic Review (related experience would be an asset);
- Skills in graphic design and video editing will be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills including a good command of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interest and experience in social media communications;
- Experience in event coordination and logistics;
- Native proficiency in oral and written English or French (with good working knowledge of the other). Written knowledge of other UN languages is a strong asset, especially Spanish; and
- Able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Internship conditions
This internship is based in Geneva and is full time for a period of approximately 6 months beginning in January 2021 until June 2021. Due to the current COVID situation, we may ask you to work from home.
As the proud initiator of the We Pay Our Interns initiative, UPR Info will provide the with a stipend of CHF 1’500 per month for the duration of the internship.
How to apply:
Please send ONLY your CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) in PDF format to email@example.com before midnight (CEST) on Sunday, 18 December 2020.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please clearly indicate the name of your academic institution and expected date of graduation (month/year) in your cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered. Please indicate ‘**Application for Communication Intern**’ in the subject line of the email.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The interviews are likely to be held (via Skype) in December 2020. UPR Info is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Apply to Job