NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
1. About Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), established in 1986, is a non-profit,
autonomous, regional organization, international in status and non-political in management, staffing, and operations. ADPC has been created for scientific, educational, developmental, and humanitarian purposes to build people's and institutions' resilience to disasters and climate change impacts in Asia and the Pacific region.
ADPC has more than 34 years of working experience in Asia and the national and local Governments of its founding charter member countries and countries of the Regional Consultative Committee (RCC) on Disaster Management. ADPC works to strengthen disaster risk reduction at all levels, from regional to national, sub-national, and even community levels.
ADPC aims at supporting governments, strengthen institutions, and build capacity for mainstreaming DRR into development processes. It includes developing institutional systems, assessing disaster risks, undertaking disaster risk reduction programs, adapting to climate change, etc.
Further details on ADPC and its programs can be found at www.adpc.net.
2. Statement of Intent
The Communication Consultant will provide support to the Communication Manager in advancing the disaster risk reduction agenda in Asia and the Pacific through targeted and innovative communications within the scope of ADPC’s vision, mission, and goals. The consultant will also work closely with program staffs in the development of communication materials and tools to increase the visibility of ADPC’s programs such as the Urban Resilience to Climate Extremes in Southeast Asia (URCE) program, and others.
It is not the intent of this position description to cover every aspect of the position requirements, rather to highlight the most important areas of personal and joint responsibility.This is essentially a desk-based role which may include some travel.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Communicationa Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Develop outreach materials, including factsheets, brochures, posters, presentations, articles, e-newsletter and reports, etc.;
- Develop human interest stories and communication products to support projects/programs implementation and further raise their visibilities;
- Implement corporate social media plan and create engaging content for ADPC’s social media channels and website;
- Develop content for infographics, charts, and maintain a photo library;
- Carry out research on assigned topics;
- Maintain editorial calendar and organize communication focal point meetings;
- Assist in organizing corporate events including communication-related activities under ADPC’s programs and projects;
- Provide admin support to the Communications Unit, and
- Perform any other tasks related to the position assigned by the Communication Manager.
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or other relevant fields;
- Two years of working experience in a similar role;
- Exemplary English writing and editing skills;
- Proven experience in website and social media management;
- Advanced computer literacy - including presentation software, publishing, MS Office;
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills, and ability to work with a team in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a team and be service-minded and detail-oriented;
- Possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Good planning and organizing skills; and
- A strong desire to learn and undertake new challenges;
- Knowledge of video/multimedia production;
- Experience with WordPress, Campaign monitor and Mail Chimp (preferred).
- Report directly to the Communication Manager; and
- Work closely with other staff of ADPC.
7. Duration of the Contract
One (1) year contract with possibility of extension.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates, please submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net), resume, copy of diploma(s) and certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to email@example.com by 22 December 2020 at midnight Bangkok time.
Apply to Job