Clinical Health Evaluation Specialist, USAID/Cambodia EQHA and PHB Mid-term Evaluations, Cambodia
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The objective of the Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity (EQHA) is to improve the quality of public and private health services in a sustainable manner through technical assistance to national and sub-national health systems. The activity will support public and private healthcare services to meet acceptable global standards, delivered in an efficient manner, resulting in increased client satisfaction. Efforts will ensure that health services are managed holistically and linkages between departments are maximized to ensure that services are patient-centered, and individuals are not lost within the system. Activity efforts will also support the development of accreditation of health facilities and address pre-service and in-service training needs to ensure the competency of healthcare providers.
The purpose of the Promoting Health Behavior activity is to improve clinical health among Cambodians and ensure that Cambodians seek and receive quality health care with decreased financial hardship through more sustainable systems. Population Services International (PSI) is the prime partner of PHB that leads the overall implementation of the award. 17 Triggers, a global private sector behavior change lab founded in Cambodia, is the sub-partner that contributes their expertise on using marketing, human-centered design (HCD), research, and design thinking to develop innovative and effective Social Behavior Change (SBC) strategies.
These two activities started in Summer 2018 and are scheduled to end in June (PHB) and August (EQHA) of 2023.
The Clinical Health Evaluation Specialist will support the Evaluation Team Leader and other team members in designing, planning and implementing the evaluation, including qualitative data collection and analysis. In addition, s/he will ensure contextual relevance of the design and implementation of the evaluation. This is a consulting position that will require each team member’s time commitment between January and April 2021 (including full time availability during data collection) with exact LOE to be determined.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Cambodian citizenship will be considered
- Support the development of workplan, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Conduct a desk review and contribute to the development of a desk review report, as directed by the Team Lead, specifically providing support in finding and reviewing relevant documents and analyzing clinical health data where possible.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified public health stakeholders in Cambodia, ensuring all data collection events are carefully documented through detailed notes.
- Support data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation and draft/final report, as instructed by the Team Lead.
- MD or MPH in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Administration or Management or another related field.
- At least five years of experience in M&E procedures and implementation of complex, relevant projects.
- Experience assessing, monitoring and/or evaluating health programs, including strong contextual knowledge of public and private sector clinical health programming in Cambodia. USAID program experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience managing M&E activities, including design and implementation of evaluations and/or assessments.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis tools and software.
- Experience conducting and coordinating with others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations, and other qualitative evaluation and assessment methods that ensure reliability and validity of the data.
- Experience in data management and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience triangulating quantitative data and conducting secondary analysis of existing quantitative datasets.
- Able to review, interpret and reanalyze as needed existing data pertinent to the evaluation.
- Strong data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, including experience writing evaluation and/or assessment reports.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3445.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Apply to Job