CHIEF OF PARTY, MOZAMBIQUE, RFSA
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) in Mozambique.
International relocation and allowances are available for this position. This position is anticipated to be based in Maputo or Nampula, with up to 50% travel to either location.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID or other international food security projects.
· Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
· Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders, including international-, national, and community-level stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
· Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
· Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders.
· Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles.
· With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
· Represent the project at meetings, conferences, and other fora.
· Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Manage and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field, including agriculture, business administration, development studies, international relations, nutrition, public health or related field.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing leadership and management responsibility on USAID-funded development activities of a similar size and scope is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in country programs. Previous management experience on a Title II Food for Peace developmental program.
· Experience working in Southern African is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Inclusion, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming.
· Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
· Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with maintaining high levels of quality despite demanding reporting schedules and short deadlines for deliverables. Ability to review and ensure accuracy of complex budget and expenditure formats.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
· Demonstrated experience in adaptive management and learning techniques.
· Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing/mentoring, and managing staff.
· Fluency in English is required. Portuguese or Spanish a plus; willingness to learn Portuguese is required.
· Ability to travel within project areas as required and as security situation allows.
How to apply:
Apply to Job