Chief of Party, Health Service Delivery Program in Fragile State
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chief of Party, Health Service Delivery Program in Fragile State
Based in Somalia/Somaliland
Reports to Country Representative
Status: This position is contingent on successful funding
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates manage community health programs across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to improve access to and quality of essential health services across the world.
PSI seeks experienced, dynamic, and innovative leaders for large, complex, multi-regional health delivery program in fragile states.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for managing all aspects of a project, including technical implementation, financial and administrative compliance and oversight and supervision of project staff. The COP also leads technical coordination with government officials and other international and national stakeholders to align with national and regional priorities, strategies, policies, and interventions. The COP is the primary point of contact with the project donor and is supervised by the Country Representative and also assures the strategic alignment of the project with PSI Global Strategy.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide technical leadership to the implementing partners and Ministry of Health (MOH) and assist the MOH to strengthen their capacity to effectively implement and manage the health program.
- Ensure that the project meets stated goals and the activities are implemented according to technical guidance from the donor and global best practices.
- Ensure a coordinated approach to implementation of health program across different regions and implementing partners.
- Provides overall leadership and supervision of senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees.
- Develop and manage program budget, workplan activities, performance indicators and targets, ensuring timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines.
- Supervision of project implementation (work and M&E plan design and writing, supervision of implementation status with review of dashboards of project indicators, technical support to and leadership of the program/consortium team).
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate program adjustment.
- Continuously evaluate program effectiveness and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement.
- Responsible for financial management and compliance (budgeting, review of expenditures, submission of financial reports, supervision of audits and risk management).
- Ensure project expenses including procurements are reasonable, allocable, and prudent and spent in accordance with the donor rules and regulations.
- Produce and disseminate knowledge products and processes (toolkits, case studies, best practices, technical briefing documents, peer review publications, etc.) for national and international audiences to accelerate rapid transfer of best practices.
- Represent the project as required at relevant technical working groups, conferences. workshops, and policy-oriented forums using appropriate media.
- Facilitate senior level policy and dialogue with the sub-national governments and relevant Ministries and partners.
- Coordinate with PSI Global technical teams in the intervention area.
- Ensure high-quality technical capacity of staff and providing technical assistance backstopping when required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters) in health, social sciences, or a relevant health field.
- At least ten years of professional experience managing large, complex health projects, and ensuring high performance and staff retainment preferably in challenging or fragile contexts, with a track record of progressive responsibility, including at least eight years providing senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Chief of Party, Deputy Director) to programs of similar scale, scope, and complexity.
- Experience leading large teams and managing programs that achieve results.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, donor representatives, and partner NGO's.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing the implementation a variety of individual and organizational capacity development approaches to develop long-term capacity improvements.
- Experience developing capacity to government entities especially around the delivery of an essential package of health services.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal as well as written.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Qualified Somali expatriates and Somali nationals are encouraged to apply.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.
How to apply:
Apply to Job