Call for Consultancy of Knowledge Management Product Development.
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Knowledge Management Product Development
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY
Application deadline: Feb 19th, 2021
Plan International strives to advance children’s rights and equality for girls all over the world. As an independent development and humanitarian organization, we work alongside children, young people, our supporters and partners to tackle the root causes of the challenges girls and all vulnerable children are facing. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. For over 80 years we have been building powerful partnerships for children, and we are active in over 75 countries.
Plan International Asia Pacific Regional Office (Plan APAC), in collaboration with Plan International Philippines, Plan International Bangladesh and their local partners, has been implementing the Inclusive Community-based Disaster Risk Management (ICDRM) Project since Oct 2017. The project aims to increase disaster preparedness capabilities of communities in Bangladesh and the Philippines; and in addition to mitigated impacts of disaster and addressed the specific needs of girls, boys and their families who affected by disasters in Asia Pacific through the disbursement of Emergency Response & Early Recovery Fund (EREF) . The project also ensures the identification of elements of a replicable model for building inclusive community level disaster preparedness. In the Philippines, the project covers 20 Barangays in Mindoro. In Bangladesh, it covers 27 wards in Bhola. In Asia Pacific region, to date the EREF funding has supported 9 (nine) emergency responses in 4 (four) countries which are Philippines, Indonesia, Laos and India. The types of disaster responded were typhoon, flood, earthquake and COVID-19 response
SCOPE OF WORK
The selected consultant will work closely with Plan APAC to develop a detailed plan to develop a product like a book to represent the materials that have been produced in ICDRM project in a comprehensive and attractive way, such as tailor the videos, reports, IEC materials, case stories, infographics, research findings and combine them in one book by hard copies and e-copies. All links of the resources of these materials should be available in the book as reference.
This book should be in a high standard quality so that can be shared widely on Plan International websites, other websites, relief web for example, social media and on workshops, etc.
INTENDED AUDIENCE OF THE FINAL KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT PRODUCTS
The target audience of the knowledge management product will be:
· Plan International staff worldwide.
· Policy-makers, government authorities, technical officials, schools teachers and community members in different countries where Plan International operates;
· Public audience
The following outputs are expected to be delivered by the selected consultant:
· A written plan, describing how the required knowledge management product can be developed within the required period, with specifications available.
· 1 (one) knowledge management product is developed and finalized based on the feedbacks received from Plan International.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
A consulting firm or a consultant team of maximum of two team members will be hired to carry out the task. The list of qualifications are as follows:
· Minimum of a Bachelor Arts degree, with communications, journalist, photography, native English writing background is an advance.
· At least 3 years of experience developing knowledge management products, samples are required to submit along with the application.
· Knowing Asia context, with knowledge of disaster risk management, child protection, gender and inclusion is preferred.
· Ability to work with clients remotely and in different time zones; comfortable working in a self-directed manner and communicating proactively.
TIME FRAME **
The selected consultants/company is required to accomplish all the expected deliverables within 40 working days in Mar, April, May and June, 2021.
Interview and contract signing in 1st week of Mar’2021.
Courtesy Meeting with PLAN team in 2nd week of Mar’ 2021.
Data review in 3rd week of Mar’ 2021.
Development plan preparation and finalization in 4th week of Mar’2021.
Knowledge management product in 1st of April’ 2021.
Draft version-feedback collecting in 2nd week of April 2021.
Amend the draft version in 1st of May’ 2021.
Final feedback collecting in 4th of May’ 2021.
Finalize the knowledge management product in 2nd week of Jun 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· All financial bids should be inclusive of all costs related to the work.
· Individual consultant(s) or companies will be asked to sign all necessary documents according to Plan International’s standard policy and procedure;
· The agreed costs will be paid to the recruited consultant(s)/ company by advance payment (20% of the consultancy fee) and final payment (70% of the consultancy fee) upon receipt of letter-headed invoice in accordance with Plan International’s payment policies;
· Selection process and awarding of contract will be done immediately after the closing date;
· All consultants/companies will be checked for anti-terrorism before awarding of the contract.
How to apply:
To apply, applications should email to email@example.com and Supornchai.Nawataweeporn@plan-international.org and include the following:
· A 2-3 page statement of interest describing how your profile meets the qualifications outlined above, including recent examples of similar work conducted in the region.
· Detailed response to the TOR.
· An operational plan detailing how the work will be done and how the objectives above will be met.
· CVs or resumes of the proposed team and the names of at least two references (these should be clients for whom you have conducted previous task with).
· A financial proposal and the deliverables.
Applications should be submitted by Feb 19th. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early. We reserve the right to extend the closing date at any time.
Apply to Job