Business Intelligence Manager (0542)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have a high level of numeracy and understanding of analytical concepts and business statistics?
Do you have technical ability and experience in the use of data mining and web analytics?
Are you able to express complex technical information to non-technical staff in an understandable manner?
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Manager at a pivotal time of transition and change for the organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will use a range of data sources to identify effective tactics and strategies for specific business problems and turn these into actionable insights which enable Engagement teams to be evidence-based in their work.
You will communicate effectively across these teams, to support delivery and monitoring of specific campaigns using optimisation tools. You will also support the insight function to design and report on division-level Key Performance Indicators, building reporting dashboards for and data queries across a range of software solutions (including web analytics).
This is a fixed term role for 12 months.
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- A high level of numeracy and understanding of analytical concepts and business statistics. Knowledge of statistical testing and modelling techniques (such as regression). An appetite to learn new professional skills such as machine learning.
- Technical ability and experience in the use of data mining and analytic tools such as MS Power BI, Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics, MS Excel, Visual Studio. Knowledge of database querying languages (SQL / U-SQL), database structures and data management best practice. Some knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure (MS Azure).
- Able to express complex technical information to non-technical staff in an understandable manner, including using data visualisation.
- Experience of end to end management of insight projects, with a successful approach to workload management and prioritisation
- Knowledge of database marketing, CRM and web analytics concepts, activities and terminology.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work well fully or partially home-based, with different work patterns.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of our organisation.
Conditional offers made in selection stages may also be subject appropriate screening checks. Oxfam GB participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will take into account any live disciplinary sanctions a candidate may have when making the selection decision.
Location: UK (Oxford or Home-based)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: Circa £31,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Fixed Term
How to apply:
To apply for this rewarding and multi-faceted role please visit the following link: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/business-intelligence-manager-0542/13381/description/
Oxfam GB is a Disability Confident Employer. Should you be unable to submit your application online and would prefer an alternative method please contact our recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of an international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Apply to Job