Business Development Manager (Stabilization and Transition)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Stabilization & Transition Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, and Human Development - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global
Under the Stabilization and Transition (S&T) practice, the Business Development (BD) Manager will help new business efforts from capture planning to proposal submission. Specifically, in close collaboration with the BD SPM/Director, the BD Manager will coordinate capture and proposal management, provide technical writing support, represent DT Global at business development related events, and participate in every aspect of the BD cycle. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage the business development process, in collaboration with the practice area BD Director, BD Senior Manager, and program staff;
- Track business development forecasts, assist with go/no-go decision making, plan and execute capture trips, manage pre-bid preparations, act as capture manager for USAID, CSSF, and other donors, and oversee compliance of all proposal submissions
- Manage business intelligence collection efforts;
- Create capture plans that strategically assess bids, draw on all company available resources, and provide winning bid plans;
- Serve as capture manager, proposal manager, or section writer on assigned bids;
- Manage logistics and administrative tasks for proposal cycles, consultants, travel, and liaise with contracts, finance, and other DT Global departments;
- Design and execute bid initiatives that advance DT Global’s position over competitors.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with technical specialists, subject-matter experts, and professional writers to contribute to technical solution designs, reviews, and analysis of proposals and business development strategy within the practice;
- Work closely with the practice area’s assigned recruiter to deepen DT Global’s network of potential personnel and better understand client staffing needs;
Represent DT Global at strategic BD related events;
Education, Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelors’ degree in international development or a similar field;
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in international development programming;
Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a business development role writing, running capture, proposal development, and coordinating USAID bids;
Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
Ability to travel up to 20% per year for capture trips; and,
Prior experience in the field, preferably in fragile states and/or post-conflict, post-crisis, or political transition environments
Master’s degree in international development or a similar field;
Fluency in a language other than English, preferably Spanish or Arabic.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply:
Apply to Job