Assistant Director, Communications
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The PHII Assistant Director of Communications supports the PHII leadership team and informatics projects in designing and implementing a strategic communications plan that advances organizational goals and objectives.The Communications Team develops and implements strategic, comprehensive communications plans and products for the Public Health Informatics Institute and its programs/projects.
- Utilizes exceptional writing and critical thinking skills as part of a high-output, fast-paced team within PHII and will help drive PHII to its next level of success.
- Set communications strategy for public health, healthcare and/or social justice programs, and demonstrates skill in translating complex public health or medical topics into compelling narratives for diverse audiences.
- Originates written materials which support PHII’s projects, including, but not limited to project-based websites and its content, toolkits, peer-reviewed articles, newsletters, brochures, maintaining a consistent, high quality image of PHII, its projects, programs, services, and products.
- Develops and implements a plan for communicating with our main audience (public health practitioners in domestic and global health agencies)
- Oversees the program’s website.
- Supports PHII’s senior management team in grant proposal writing, communications product development, and marketing.
- Serves as an advisor in the area of communications to PHII’s programs, projects, and other areas as requested.
- Leads development of product/service positioning, providing content for collateral materials, as well as customer education materials.
- Drives product messaging through white papers, case studies, press releases, presentations, website copy, etc., ensuring consistency and accuracy in production and dissemination.
- Prepares reports required by funding organizations and clients.
- May present to funding partners.
- Manages a budget and staff.
- Plans and manages the Communications budget for PHII
- Manages Communications team, including resource projections and performance management of staff.
- Maintains professional growth and the professional development of staff by participating in educational programs, professional organizations and activities to maintain knowledge of national trends in public health informatics and health IT.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Represents PHII as requested within the Task Force for Global Health, at national and international meetings, with national and international organizations, and with various stakeholders and partners.
- Develops materials for the Task Force for Global Health (TFGH) as required, including the TFGH Annual Report.
- Participates in Task Force communications strategy development or initiatives as requested.
- Participates fully as a member of the Task Force for Global Health by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
10% domestic and international travel.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism, public relations, or other related field.
- Six years of experience in the development of marketing and informational materials, writing/research, project management and/or information technology. Additional related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of publishing and other related software.
- Demonstrated creativity in the design of marketing, public relations or educational programs and communications materials.
- Experience in working with nonprofit communications in the areas of public health, healthcare, and/or global health are highly desired.
- Prior management and organizational skills.
- A diplomatic disposition with tactful communication skills and an ability to draw cooperation from team members and colleagues will be beneficial to meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience utilizing various types of medis, such as radio, YouTube, print-media, online publications, and e-mail.
How to apply:
Apply to Job