Accounting Clerk - Accounts Payable
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This role performs Accounts Payable function, processes transactions in the accounting system and maintains accounts payable files for vendors. The Accounting Clerk is also a primary point of contact for questions and assistance regarding entry and payment of invoices.
This role is based in Arcata, California. Right now, all Internews' headquarters offices are closed, and staff will work remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. This is a full-time, fully benefited position with an expected end date of 31 December 2021.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Subject matter expert on Unit 4 Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) Vendor Master File and accounts payable, providing support to other Internews staff also entering invoices;
- Prepares and enters multi-currency invoices for all payment methods (wire, ACH, check, FX, Western Union, etc.), including review for proper coding and approvals;
- Reviews and researches open payables to resolve outstanding issues prior to payment;
- Processes recurring remittances according to corporate schedule, including payment of invoices entered by others;
- Processes expedited payments including manual check requests and wires;
- Provides payment confirmations to appropriate parties as necessary;
- Processes Petty Cash requests and maintains petty cash ledger;
- Maintains A/P vendor master records in accounting system;
- Organizes and maintains A/P files;
- Assist in bank reconciliations;
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet accounts and creating schedules;
- Administers corporate credit cards. Processing posted payments and maintaining authority levels;
- Cross trained as backup staff to other department functions, including PSC payment processing and expense reimbursements;
- Miantains confidentiality in all matters related to vendors and payments
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school OR six months to one year related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including spreadsheets, word processors, e-email and accounting systems
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
How to apply:
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter through our Careers page.
Apply to Job