A COUNTRY DIRECTOR
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
As Country Director, you will be based in Amman. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for the effective integration of strategic, programmatic and operational management in compliance with contractual obligations and ACF's mission and mandate. You will have a wide variety of strategic responsibilities including contract management, donor liaison, business development, people management, security management, capacity building and risk management. This senior role will provide you with the opportunity to use your people management skills, leading a large team of staff operating across a complex and varied environment. You will also have the opportunity to use your skills in stakeholder management, to take a leading role in donor development, identifying funding opportunities in a demanding donor environment.
Your main priorities to address will be:
- Responsible for providing the overall leadership and strategic guidance of the Country Office.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF's values (Charter), Programming Principles, and Strategy.
- To ensure that systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
- To share vision among all staff. S/he is responsible for promoting ACF Charter and ensuring an organizational culture where ACF core values are embedded, teamwork is encouraged and all staff feels valued.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with host government officials, donors and other partners.
You should have extensive experience working at a senior management level in medium to large-scale programmes in the humanitarian or development sectors, preferably with experience in the Middle East.
You have strong programme management skills, ideally from project design through to contract delivery.
You will also need demonstrable skills in people and financial management, as well as previous experience working in environments that require tact, sensitivity and relationship-building skills.
You should demonstrate experience of working on gender inclusion initiatives, a passion and commitment towards diversity, equality and inclusion.
You should be a good team player, networker, and strategic thinker.
You should demonstrate initiative and creativity.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
Competitive salary and vacation offering
How to apply:
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
Apply to Job