Telemental Health Therapist/Trainer (Jordanian Nationals or Jordanian Residents Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring: Telemental Health Therapist/Trainer
The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) is hiring a Telemental Health Therapist/Trainer. Based in Amman, this position will contribute to the integration of mental health and human rights sectors to benefit Syrian survivors of torture, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), and other gross human rights violations. This includes providing high-quality tele-mental health services to survivors and human rights defenders who would otherwise not be able to access relevant support, and implementing trauma-informed clinical skills training and self-care/staff-support workshops for network partners. In addition the Telemental Health Therapist/Trainer will support the development of regional networks of Syrian MHPSS and human rights based organizations.
Organization: CVT is an international nonprofit dedicated to provide trauma rehabilitative services to survivors of gross human rights abuses and works toward a future in which gross human rights violations ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are headquartered in Minnesota, USA with offices in Africa and the Middle East. We work locally, nationally and internationally through programs that provide trauma rehabilitative services, conduct technical assistance and capacity building to human rights activists, civil society organizations, and local service providers around the world who can prevent and treat gross human rights abuses, and advocate for human rights and an end to gross human rights violations. CVT’s operations in the MENA region continue to grow and respond to dynamic needs across borders. CVT’s Regional Office registered under the name The Center for Victims of Trauma supports new and innovative programming; it offers a stimulating, rewarding, and collaborative work environment.
- Tele-mental Health Counseling and Psychosocial Support: Provide specialized trauma counseling using a tele-mental health model to Syrian human rights defenders and survivors of torture, sexual and gender-based violence and other gross human rights violations. Conduct comprehensive assesments of needs and risk factors. Use appropriate evidence-based clincial interventions informed by a treatment plan. Conduct follow-up assesssments. Securely keep accurate clinical records of all activities.
- Training: Assess the needs of organizations serving survivors of torture and other gross human rights violations, and contribute to the development of training materials. Provide trauma-informed clinical skills trainings and self-care/staff-support workshops to help meet identified needs and develop the capacity of partner organizations.
- Network Development: Support the development of trauma-informed networks which bring together organizations serving survivors of torture and gross human rights violations in a particular geographical location. Facilitate network meetings and identify needs of partners.
- Program Evaluation and Reporting: Track and ensure program objectives are met. Contribute to program evaluation. Write and submit regular reports regarding clinical and training activities.
- Other Duties: Participate in other program and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Advanced degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling or related discipline. Master’s degree or equivalent required.
- Extensive experience providing individual and group psychotherapy.
- Extensive experience implementing culturally appropriate mental health interventions for people who have suffered torture and war trauma.
- Experience providing training for MHPSS service providers using interactive methodologies, and experience providing training and sensitization on the effects of trauma and war.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Certification or licensure as a psychologist or psychotherapist
- Experience in providing tele-mental health counseling to trauma survivors highly preferred.
- Experience supporting organizational staff to maintain personal and professional well-being and to manage job stress and vicarious trauma.
- Experience working with human rights defenders.
- Experience working with Syrian civil society organizations.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English required.
- Experience working with locally-run NGO partner organizations and negotiating multiple relationships within and between organizations.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural, political, social and economic contextual factors.
- Skilled at working as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing program requirements, client needs, and political climate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management.
- Interest in or commitment to human rights.
- Work week is Sunday through Thursday
- Under normal conditions, work will be completed in a typical office environment
- Remote working from home when necessary due to public health conditions
- Time spent on computer is approximately 85%
How to apply:
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations via this posting on http://cvt.simplicant.com/. Position is open until filled.
Apply to Job