NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.
The Venture37 Technical Director will work closely with headquarters and field-based teams to ensure outstanding impact of current donor-funded programs by overseeing technical work planning, directly managing Chiefs of Party/Project Leads, and assuring the innovative achievement of technical program objectives. S/he will provide technical leadership (including concept development and proposal writing) to new business pursuits, and will work to strengthen the Venture37 brand by developing and delivering innovative technical solutions to development challenges and by marketing our capabilities/results to customers and partners. Technical Directors are expected to oversee 3-5 programs and participate in 2-4 new business proposals per year.
- Directly manage and develop Chiefs of Party/Project Leads
- Oversee the development of innovative technical work plans to ensure that activities will deliver the intended impact outcomes on time and on budget
- Work with program technical teams to adaptively achieve program technical objectives
- Engage closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and to develop insights for future impact opportunities
- Lead Venture37 community of practice to share learnings and build team technical capabilities
New Business Development (NBD)
- Develop strong customer relationships to gain insights and to influence future development priorities
- Collaborate with the NBD team to build and execute customer and country business plans that fit Venture37 growth commitments
- Serve as technical lead for NBD pursuits, including: Concept/proposal writing, identifying and securing technical partners, and interviewing candidates for key program positions
Venture37 Brand Development
- Develop/present/publish thought pieces that build the brand of Venture37 as an innovative, effective, agricultural development organization in the minds of current and future customers and partners
- Join and seek leadership positions in various industry organizations consistent with our growth and brand-building objectives
- Master’s degree in International Development or related technical agricultural field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in managing, designing, or implementing international agricultural development programs.
- Previous technical specialty or focus such as market systems with agricultural biases or resilient agriculture (livestock, dairy or climate smart agriculture).
- Proven track record as Chief of Party / Program Lead of donor-funded international agricultural development program.
- Proven track record leading technical development program activities.
- Proven track record in technical leadership of new business proposals.
- Demonstrated success building and leading cross-functional teams of program managers, COPs, technical specialists prioritizing needs, developing action plans, and executing initiatives.
- Experience and understanding of multiple donor frameworks including USAID, USDA, non-USG bilateral organizations, foundations, and corporate customers.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to interact effectively with established networks of senior level international development professionals, donors, governments, universities, and other partners.
- Experience leading and working with multi-cultural staff, including awareness of and sensitivity to working with multi-cultural groups in multiple socio-economic settings.
- Proven ability to interpret M&E data and use it to adaptively manage projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Proven teamwork and supervisory skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, nationally, and internationally.
- Experience with integrated agriculture (e.g. gender, nutrition, youth).
- Experience living and working abroad in countries and situations relevant to the position.
How to apply:
Apply to Job