Team Leader/Senior Gender Researcher
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 100 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS seeks a Team Leader/Senior Gender Expert for USAID/KEA’s upcoming regional gender analysis to develop a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the macro level and disparate gender issues, inequalities, constraints and opportunities across the region, and provide specific recommendations on how USAID/KEA can achieve optimal gender integration, including emphasizing outcomes across different sectors in facilitation of East Africa’s Journey to Self-Reliance.
* Manage the entire analysis process, including drafting the analytical design and analysis plan and leading the presentations and discussions with the Mission.
* Draft the gender analysis document and associated major findings, conclusions, and recommendations report, responding to all objectives.
* Provide the Mission with a two-page weekly report or tele-meeting summarizing progress made in achieving the objectives.
* Present a summary of the assessment to the Mission and facilitate a discussion to highlight key findings, clarify and resolve any questions, and validate the feasibility and utility of the proposed recommendations.
* Leading the drafting and submit the final gender analysis report that includes findings, conclusions, and associated recommendations.
* At least ten years of international experience in gender analysis in the development areas of democracy and governance, health and education, economic growth, trade, private sector engagement and environment.
* A Master’s degree in sociology or anthropology or a relevant social science field.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to lead meetings, coordinate, and gather different points of view of members of the team, draft initial documents with conclusions and recommendations, and prepare the report and presentations.
* Familiarly with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of USAID.
* Experience in qualitative research and statistical data analysis.
* Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and writeen communication skills.
* Strong time management and interpersonal skills
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to apply:
Apply to Job