Team Leader - Climate and Resilience
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Team Leader - Climate and Resilience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently looking for a Team Leader for an upcoming climate and resilience programme in Myanmar. The main objective will be to identify and pilot innovative approaches to improve household resilience from the impacts of changing climate and environment. The programme will help build thriving and resilient livelihoods of rural and urban communities in Myanmar in the face of future climate events with adequate incomes, secure access to food, nutrition, and markets, with the capacity to manage natural resources in equitable, sustainable and innovative ways.
The programme will achieve its objectives through three components:
* Research and Development, aiming to establish a pipeline of climate smart projects;
* Green Finance, to facilitate piloting and scale-up of selected projects by supporting de-risking of investments, covering early-stage risks and encouraging diversification; and
* Inclusive enabling environment, aiming to bridge R&D and green finance initiatives with political and social priorities of the Government of Myanmar .
The programme is expected to be implemented over a period of 4 years.
The priority areas of the programme will include: circular economy, climate migration, climate-smart agriculture and ecosystem support services.
The Team Leader acts as the central point of leadership for the programme. The Team Leader will be responsible for representing the programme, including regular reporting to the client.
* Provide overall guidance and strategic direction to all aspects of the programme, ensuring that activities are implemented to a high quality within expected timeframes, and expected results are achieved.
* Set and manage the programme strategy, goals, and targets.
* Oversee the programme knowledge management strategy.
* Ensure awareness raising and programme visibility.
* Oversee programme monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy.
* Manage relationship with the client and other key programme partners involving frequent consultations and joint program development.
* Engage with the Myanmar government to gain a clear understanding of the political consequences of the programme activities, identify synergies with government priorities and programmes, discuss and highlight policy and regulatory barriers to project success.
* Engage with other relevant stakeholders, including civil society organizations to support successful implementation of the programme.
* Involve relevant community based and non-governmental organizations that can assist to increase the social performance of the program.
* Develop strong working relationships and regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
* Manage the team, including motivating team members, discovering training needs, providing coaching, delegating tasks and setting deadlines; create a team culture conducive to delivering programme success.
* Lead the preparation of the strategic project plans; oversee Technical Leads in the development of technical and operational work plans as well as budgets, staffing plans, performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
* Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans and ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
* Ensure appropriate consultation in the development of plans and budgets (including consultation with the Project Director, Project Manager, the client, and other project stakeholders).
* Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date risk registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
* Experience managing strategic, complex and high-value donor-funded contracts,
* Experiece in leading visibility campaigns for large programmes
* Expertise in developing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
* Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams and diverse consortia members.
* Experience in mobilizing private financing for climate projects.
* Experience in business model development.
* Experience in climate resilience and livelihoods improvement.
* Strong understanding of socio-economic, political, legal and policy context in Myanmar (from direct experience in Myanmar).
* Track record of working with the Government of Myanmar at central and state level, preferably on the target sectors.
* A Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Climate/ Environmental Studies or a related field would be beneficial, or commensurate experience.
* Strong networker, with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and bridge different worlds (policy makers, NGOs, research institutes, private sector, financiers)
* Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong work ethic and a collaborative, professional team spirit.
* Excellent oral and written communications ability.
Fluent in English.
Candidates should either be based in Myanmar or willing to relocate for the duration of the programme.
How to apply:
Apply to Job