Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title: Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Cotabato City)
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: soon as possible
Closing Date: 19 November 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and under the direct supervision of Programme Officer in Cotabato, Philippines, the successful candidate will provide support to the information management, monitoring, evaluation and learning needs of the IOM’s humanitarian, development and peacebuilding programming in Mindanao.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Coordinate and guide the M&E Units across Mindanao in terms of standardizing and localizing information management for better M&E tracking, including the field operations;
Implement guidance and support to relevant field counterparts including information management (IM)/Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) colleagues to implement the process of monitoring targets and indicators using agreed M&E Frameworks and work plans, including application of standardized M&E tools and facilitate and guide their application within the project area of responsibility (AoR);
Undertake duty travel to support field monitoring and evaluation visits in coordination with senior project management team to monitor technical compliance and timely execution of projects vis-à-vis approved plans and baselines;
Coordinate IM/ME missions commissioned/organized by external partners and donors and facilitate access to M&E data to relevant stakeholders;
Conduct regular M&E coaching sessions for colleagues and Implementing Partners (IPs) in the field to:
a. promote adherence to agreed standards of implementation;
b. create greater awareness of reporting requirements;
c. encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods; and
d. gather feedback regarding the effectiveness of these methods.
Consolidate and analyze data on programme implementation and indicators and reports any issue to the supervisor;
Ensure regular and timely distribution of relevant information to relevant IOM project managers staff and other Programme Support staff, and relevant humanitarian and development stakeholders in the country on both quantitative and qualitative monitoring aspects of the response;
Draft, consolidate and review monitoring reports to be shared with relevant stakeholders;
Support the mid-term and final internal evaluations;
Provide relevant IM/M&E information and assistance in the development of projects in particular in order to meet the requirements on M&E as set out by donors and IOM M&E framework;
Assist in the development of thematic/sectoral reports as required and in coordination with senior management to be used for internal and external communications materials, highlighting outcomes and impact across the thematic areas and when applicable, to specific areas or groups of beneficiaries;
Perform such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Political Science, Development Studies, Statistics or any related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Information Management for Programme Monitoring and Evaluation in Mindanao context, an asset;
- Experience in IM/M & E development and implementation, information analysis and report writing, required;
- Working experience with UN agencies, NGOs and/or other humanitarian and development agencies, a distinctive asset.
- Proven ability to consolidate and validate information from multiple sources;
- Proven ability to work with basic presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, a must;
- Knowledge of ACCESS and statistical analysis, preferred.
- Knowledge on project management in a development and health context ideal.
- Solid knowledge of Mindanao context, especially the various conflict contexts in the BARMM, an asset.
- Extensive knowledge in the BARMM Provinces cultural practices and context setting.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of any BARMM language is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please click this link.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com not later than 19 November 2020. Position title and VN Number (VN 018 2020 – Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job