Solar-Powered Water Systems Engineer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
*This position is open to Uganda Nationals only*
Water Compass is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization with a sole focus on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in Uganda.
Water Compass is seeking a Solar-Powered Water Systems Engineer as part of the expansion of our water supply programs in Gomba, Sembabule and Bukomansimbi Districts. The position will be based in Sembabule Town.
· Identifying appropriate locations for rural water supply systems
· Designing solar-powered water supply systems and developing bills of quantity
· Liaising with Ministerial and District Officials
· Overseeing construction and installation of water supply networks
· Budget planning and management
· Report writing and donor relations
· Degree in Civil/Water Systems Engineering or similar
· Experience with solar power systems design
· Strong knowledge of engineering software packages
· 2+ years of construction project management experience
· Excellent report writing skills
· Fluent English and Luganda
· Not afraid to get dirty, dusty and muddy
· Sense of humor
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Water Systems Engineer. CVs should not be more than 3 pages and do not attach certificates. Cover letters should not be more than 1 page. Failure to comply with these instructions will immediately disqualify you from consideration.
Submission Deadline: COB December 11, 2020
Apply to Job