Senior Technical Advisor, Vaccines
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA), provides technical assistance for the design and implementation of country interventions related to Covid vaccines introduction and vaccines procurement modernization in the country, working as part of the country MTaPS team. The STA provides support to the Country Program Director (CPD) and provides direct technical assistance to Ministry of Health and other country partners and stakeholders. As required, the STA also provides technical assistance to other MTaPS country activities and works with MTaPS Technical Strategy Lead and other MSH technical staff on opportunities, new and existing tools, and country implementation programs related to strengthening pharmaceutical management systems.
Technical Support (40%)
- Work with the MOH, country stakeholders and international counterparts to help develop, review, implement, and monitor technical approaches and strategies for o Covid vaccines introduction in the country in accordance with national strategies and action plans.
- Provide direct technical assistance to relevant stakeholders in designing and implementing work plan activities and interventions with focus on sustainable financing
- Under the leadership of CPD, provide assistance in the development of specific policies, strategies, guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other relevant materials for Covid vaccines introduction to ensure availability, affordability, geographical accessibility, acceptability, and appropriate use
- Lead the process to conduct a legal review and analysis of existing vaccine procurement and regulatory laws, policies, and processes to determine potential areas for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the vaccines procurement process
- Work with Vaccines procurement modernization committee, other team members in the country and HO based technical team, provide technical assistance to improve joint procurement practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information systems and their appropriate use for decision making.
- As needed provide technical support to other MTaPS pharmaceutical systems strengthening and health elements activities in the country
Coordination and Communication (25%) * Coordinate with other MTaPS country project technical activities ensuring harmonized approach in line with MSH quality standards * Coordinate assigned technical areas and activities with other USAID-funded and international projects in the country * Work closely with the Home Office based Technical Lead and other technical team members for appropriate and timely technical guidance and support * Maintain close liaison with USAID mission focal point and the focal point in the MOH and JFDA on progress, challenges and way forward and provide regular update
Capacity Building (20%) * Work with country and HO based team to develop costed project capacity strengthening strategies, roll-out plans, training and follow-up timelines * In conjunction with the country team, country counterparts and HO based team, develop/revise required training packages and materials * Design, develop training packages, and conduct ToT exercises as needed * As required, participate in the planning and delivery of broader capacity building programs aimed at national pharmaceutical system strengthening.
Monitoring and Evaluation (10%) * In coordination with other team members in the country and home office, contribute to the development of country project M&E plan, and support the collection and validation of relevant data to report project indicators. * Contribute to the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned, including the development and submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
Performance Management (5%) * If needed, supervise assigned Technical Advisor(s) ensuring the adequacy of their performance and their continuous professional development.
Required: * Graduate degree in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience related to procurement and supply chain management of pharmaceuticals including vaccines or regulatory functions
Preferred: * Physician, nurse, pharmacist or public health qualification preferred.
Required: * At least seven (7) years of pharmaceutical management or public health experience, of which at least 2 years in procurement and supply chain management of pharmaceuticals including vaccines or regulatory system
Preferred: * Experience with public health programs in developing country context supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, CDC and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNICEF, WHO and World Bank preferred.
Knowledge and Skills * Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential. * Languages of other USAID-supported countries is an asset. * Strong computer skills; Excel, MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint. * Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
Competencies * Ability to work independently and in team. * Good judgment for decision-making. * Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team.
Physical Demands * Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 30% of time as required to support the progress of program activities.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
How to apply:
Apply to Job