Senior Team Leader/Education Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
EnCompass LLC seeks a Senior Team Leader/Education Specialist for an upcoming mid-term performance evaluation of the USAID/Mali Girls Leadership and Empowerment through Education (GLEE) Activity. The position will lead the design and implementation of the mid-term evaluation to assess the management and technical progress of GLEE toward expected results, determine what mid-course corrections are needed, and to use the findings to inform the design of future projects.
The Team Leader will be responsible for overall and day-to-day management of contract activities, involving multiple tasks across multiple locations. They are the principal interlocutor between the offeror team members and USAID and is responsible for the overall compilation of all deliverables under this contract. The Team Leader is responsible for staffing, project planning, and project financial management and reporting as well as and staff direction and oversight. The Team Leader maintains and manages the relationship with USAID while collaborating closely with technical evaluation staff to ensure quality of the research design, methodologies, tools, data collection processes and data analysis methods. The applicant will work in close coordination with USAID and Mali Ministry of Education in leading the evaluation. The length of the assignment is anticipated to span 3 consecutive months from January 2021 to March 2021. Fluency in French and English is required.
The position is based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, Maryland. The evaluation is based in Bamako, Mali with data collection in Kayes and Mopti. The Senior Team Leader/Education Specialist is expected to travel to Mali.
· Graduate degree or higher in international development, information management, monitoring and evaluation, crisis and conflict, or a related field
· A minimum of 7 seven years of experience conducting mixed method evaluation and research
Experience and Skills
- Education sector expertise, particularly in girls education
- Experience in Mali and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong background and training in qualitative research
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques
- Experience managing and coordinating complex evaluations, including evaluations of international projects
- Experience as an evaluation Team Leader for at least 2 evaluations of similar scope and complexity
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Proven ability in writing evaluation reports, delivering presentations tailored to different stakeholders, and the ability to use research findings to evaluate program implementation and operations
- Fluency in French and English required
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter at https://encompassworld.com/careers-and-consulting/.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
How to apply:
Please click here to apply:
Apply to Job