Senior Project Officer – Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
ECPAT International (ECPAT) is a global network of organisations and individuals working together for the elimination of all forms of child sexual exploitation. It seeks to encourage the world community to ensure that children everywhere enjoy their fundamental rights free and secure from all forms of commercial sexual exploitation.
The ECPAT network currently has 121 member organisations in 103 countries across the globe. All of these members are independent organisations or coalitions working against the sexual exploitation of children. The ECPAT Secretariat coordinates the global work of ECPAT and is based in Bangkok, Thailand. The Secretariat undertakes programmes, advocacy, research and communications to facilitate a range of network initiatives to make the greatest impact on combating Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC).
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Executive Director (DED)/ Programmes, the Senior Project Officer- Sexual Exploitation of Children (SEC) is responsible for coordinating and implementing a range of cross-cutting activities and projects. Based on the current project portfolio, most activities will have a thematic focus on the trafficking of children for Sexual Purposes.
Key areas of responsibility
- Coordinate the implementation of SEC projects, guided by the project work plans and ensure that its processes are aligned with the terms and conditions of the grant
- Monitor the timely implementation of project work plans and the delivery of products and outputs by the project team, if any, and project partners
- Manage partnership agreements for implementation at national/local level
- Produce project grant reports
- Ensure financial and administrative processes implemented under individual project grants are aligned with ECPAT’s internal processes and procedures; cooperate closely with the Operations team on administrative and financial grant conditions.
- Develop terms of reference for project consultants and lead the procurement/recruitment process
- Support ECPAT member organisations in disseminating and promoting project recommendations and good practice models across countries and regions
- Support the DED/Programme in overall reporting, including to Board and core donors.
- Contribute to the development of new strategies, donor proposals, work plans etc.
- Support the DED/Programmes in implementation ECPAT’s thematic programmes
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University degree in a related field, international development,
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in international project and programme management
- Experience with donor reporting requirements
- Experience managing multiple and varied stakeholder relationships
- Relevant experience in the field of international development, human rights, and non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sexual exploitation of children, child trafficking or trafficking in persons
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of Spanish, French, or Russian is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to ECPAT’s mission and values.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Communication: excellent writing skills;
- Drive for results;
- Planning and organising: setting clear defined objectives, activity planning and monitoring, and ability to adapt as required;
- Ability to analyse and synthetize large amounts of information.
Salary and benefits
ECPAT offers a competitive remuneration package and staff benefits.
- All staff are expected to act at all times in a manner consistent with the values of ECPAT International and in compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures including Child Safeguarding Policy and the Staff Code of Conduct
- As a child-focused organisation, ECPAT has a strong commitment to child safeguarding and rigorous procedures. The successful candidate will be required to provide three referees and a criminal record from country of residence and country of origin (as applicable)
- The location of the position is ideally Bangkok, but home-based options can be explored with short-listed candidates. Contractual models may differ based on legal options in country of location.
How to apply:
On how to apply please visit ECPAT website: http://www.ecpat.org/about-ecpat/employment/
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the subject line: SEC Senior Project Officer**
Deadline: 4 December 2020
ECPAT International is committed to keeping children safe. The selection process reflects our commitment to the safeguarding of children.
Apply to Job