Senior Manager: Data, Insights and Reporting
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Senior Manager: Data, Insights and Reporting
£42,000 - £45,000
London, and Currently Remote
The Senior Manager: Data, Insights and Reporting champions transparency around Comic Relief’s Social Change Strategy. The postholder will be passionate about social justice, comfortable with complexity and enjoys synthesising information from a range of sources and turning it into something accessible for internal and external audiences. This involves driving forward a clearly articulated understanding of openness, working cross organisationally and being an advocate for the role of data in improving the decisions we make.
· Create communications about our social change work, championing the value of openness and providing support and guidance to the wider Impact and Investment Department and the rest of Comic Relief.
· Develop reports and content on the Social Change Strategy for a range of internal audiences, including the Board of Trustees, the Social Impact Committee, Executive Directors, and Impact and Investment Leadership Team
· Prepare, oversee and gather content for reporting and communicating our Social Change Strategy and learning to external audience through annual reports, website content, social media content, open data publications, films and reports for key stakeholders
· Work collaboratively with the Evidence and Learning, Fund Design and Systems teams to make sure data systems and processes are effective for understanding progress towards social change, reporting, fundraising and communication purposes.
· To work closely and praotively with all other departments and teams, including Story Hub, Corporate Partnerships, Media and Marketing, agreeing information flows and identifying appropriate information to demonstrate our contribution social change
· Line management of the I&I Data Analyst
· Represent Comic Relief in external fora on transparency, data and reporting and develop external relationships with other funders and relevant actors to foster greater collaboration and engagement
Essential Experience and Competencies:
· Significant experience within the charity and/or funding sector, specifically with respect to monitoring, evaluation and learning, or social research or equivalent area within social change programmes
· Critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and the role of data in understanding and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
· Significant experience of data management and analysis experience to generate insights and evidence for strategic and operational decision-making
· Effective relationship builder, with strong emotional intelligence and experience of working in collaborative, cross sector environments to facilitate conversations and alongside individuals and organisations with diverse perspectives
· Exceptional analysis, organisation and sense-making skills, underpinned with sound judgement under pressure, and the ability to identify solutions to address delivery risks and issues
· Ability to listen deeply and communicate well with colleagues, with an expertise in conveying conceptual and sometimes complex information to a variety of non- technical audiences
· Proven leadership skills with experience of line-managing high performing colleagues
How to apply:
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online:
Role closes - 12:00pm, 25th Nov 2020 GMT (Europe/London)
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
· Be valued for being yourself
· Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
· Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
· Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.
Apply to Job