NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Senior Chef is responsible for the daily planning and preparation of the on-board menus, training of the Galley Team, hygiene, safety and cleanliness of the Galley areas. This position supports the Food Services Manager by ensuring the Galley Team Leaders have everything they need to complete their daily tasks and supply the crew with well-balanced, nutritious, and enjoyable meals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Serves as assistant Food Services Manager
- Ensure coordination for supplies and food preparation between Galley Teams
- Contribute and coordinate with Food Services Manager for the 6 week menu and long term supply order
- Oversight of cleanliness and hygiene of Galley areas by conducting daily spot checks
- Carry out final walk through of the Galley in the evening to ensure high standard of cleanliness and all equipment is switched off and stowed
- Train Galley crew in preparation, hygiene and safety procedures as laid out in Food Services SOP
- Take lead on special functions and coordinate for events requiring catering
- Working outside of regular hours as required
- Attend departmental meetings on work days
- Due to the ever changing staffing levels and field service rotations, all staff may be re-assigned to temporarily fill roles in other departments in a time of need
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply:
- Apply online by following this link to our application: https://opportunities.mercyships.org/stewards/food-service/senior-chef/. Click "Apply" at the top.
- Submit your application. You'll receive confirmation once you have done so.
- A Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to your shortly after applying.
Apply to Job