RightsCon Program Assistant-Limited Term (Global Location Options)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our Policy, Advocacy, Helpline, RightsCon, Grants, and Operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
About the Role
The RightsCon Program Assistant will work within the RightsCon team, and across all Access Now teams, to support the coordination and execution of the RightsCon Summit Series (rightscon.org). The individual will report through the RightsCon Program Coordinator, and work closely with the RightsCon team and technical event staff to coordinate, operationalize, and implement processes for a successful RightsCon Program, which will be hosted online in June 2021.
What You Will Do
Public program and community support:
- Support management and development of the RightsCon Program with the Program Coordinator, including assistance for Call for Proposals submission and review phases
- Build out community outreach and engagement strategies to identified groups with the Program Coordinator, with the opportunity to lead on the cultivation of a new or emerging RightsCon subcommunity
- Project manage and support the execution of targeted trainings related to online facilitation and session design
- Draft and prepare communications to session organizers, Program Committee members, and relevant Access Now leads, and respond to general program inquiries where appropriate
- Track and document work, collect data, and identify trends emerging from the program, and prepare reports and update team trackers as required. Support the Program Coordinator in framing and communicating those trends and data to the larger community.
- Manage outreach and communications to invited speakers and act as the first point of contact for scheduling and logistical needs, escalating concerns to the Program Coordinator and other team members as needed
- Support the curation and execution of a series of landmark sessions that reflect core themes and/or emerging priorities of the RightsCon Program
- Coordinate with the technical event staff to prepare and brief speakers on the production elements required for an online session
Solve my problem coordination
- Support the management and execution of a series of closed-door, strategic Solve My Problem sessions, including consulting with leads and coordinating the participation of key stakeholders from the RightsCon community
- With the Program Coordinator, establish indicators of success and clear feedback structures to document the outcomes of Solve My Problem sessions
- Draft blogs, reports, FAQs, and other website copy with the Program Coordinator, that directly relate to the RightsCon Program
- Assist the Communications Coordinator and Design team with the development of social kits, press lists, and media assets for speaker promotion
You come with:
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for the key issues and challenges facing the internet, and its users
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to drive processes and timelines to meet deadlines
- Unwavering attention to detail and high levels of organization
- Excellent communication abilities, able to liaise with many people from various backgrounds
You are a highly enthusiastic team player, with experience working on complex projects involving many people in often different time zones. RightsCon offers a platform to a diverse, global community, and we welcome candidates with a variety of backgrounds who are passionate about building community-oriented spaces to advance human rights in the digital age.
This is a limited-term full-time position, estimated at ten months, and can be based out of any of our locations in Berlin, Brussels, Manila, New York City, San José (CR), Tunis, or Washington, DC. The successful candidate must be eligible to engage in work at the location in which they will be based. We will be unable to sponsor visas or relocations for this role.
The salary range for this limited-term role is from $4,000-$4,250 USD monthly, depending on the candidate’s relevant experiences, location, and currency of compensation. Team members also benefit from a strong global culture aligned around:
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Work-life balance…including a generous paid time-off program
- Extensive workplace flexibility
- Connection to a diverse, global team of passionate, principled professionals
- Organizational resilience and support for all team members
- Opportunities to recharge
We are a global human rights organization committed to inclusivity and equity, and seek the most talented team members who bring their true selves, with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
For further information, please contact Bryan Rogers, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com; PGP Key: 0x676DA406, or reply to the original sender where applicable.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents through our Access Now Careers website:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role
Our hiring teams review applications submitted through our careers website (Access Now Careers); email submissions are not accepted. In order for us to communicate with you on the status of your application, please be sure to add apps.bamboohr.com to your contacts list, and check spam or junk folders so that you do not miss updates from us.
Apply to Job