Resettlement Case Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
- Provides case management services to refugees and other displaced persons to include coordination of housing, orientation/client education, and other basic needs enrollments within program requirements and time frames utilizing in-house services and referrals to external service providers within the community
- Assists the client to engage in activities that will facilitate the clients self-sufficiency and ability to perform tasks independently
- Coordinates the provision of interpretation and translation services to clients
- Provides safe and supervised transport for clients to offsite appointments or activities as needed and confirms public transport capabilities.
- Completes all case notes and program documentation, ensures accuracy and compliance within program guidelines (core services of the Cooperative Agreement) and confirms timely delivery of services
- Enters data in the agency database in a timely manner as directed
- Communicates, coordinates and promotes program within community and partners.
- Serve as an advocate for clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited 4 year college or university with major course work in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or a related field
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for degree
Experience: * Background in social services required * Previous case management experience 1-3 years preferred; Experience working with diverse populations and refugee social services programs preferred * Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Knowledge/Skills: * High English language proficiency and excellent communication skills both verbal and written required * Computer proficient including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) required * Fluency in an additional language spoken by the client base preferred
Valid Texas drivers license and minimum mandatory Texas automobile insurance coverage; Must be able to provide own daily transportation
How to apply:
Refugee Services Texas : Make an Impact : Careers Applicants must complete the entire application and submit a cover letter in order to be considered for employment.
Apply to Job