Regional Finance Controller- HQ
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
REGIONAL FINANCE CONTROLER
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organisation provides daily support to more than 930 beneficiary organisations (NGO) in some of the world’s most insecure environments and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO has been registered as a charity in the Netherlands since April 2019 and its global headquarters is now based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has more than 900 employees globally and is active in 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia.
We are now seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our headquarters finance team as Regional Finance Controller (RFC). The post offers an exciting opportunity to support the safety of the humanitarian community and to use your financial skills and training in helping INSO deliver its valuable mission.
Reporting to the Finance Director and in close liaison with the Regional Director (RD), you will be responsible for coordinating the financial activities and reporting of a portfolio of up to 5 (five) countries.
You will help to orient field-based Finance Managers (FMs) and Country Directors (CDs) in policy implementation and procedural financial compliance. You will also support the teams in handling budgets, external reports to institutional donors, accounts management, internal control and cashflow.
You will also contribute to improving the integrity and reliability of INSO’s financial systems by coordinating financial activities, upholding fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring effective stewardship of donor funds and contributing towards the further development of policies and procedures and orienting and mentoring staff with finance functions.
The projected start date for this position is 01 February 2021. Based at the Headquarters in The Hague, the position requires an ability and willingness to travel worldwide in insecure countries up to 30% of the time.
* Ensure quality control over the financial transactions of the assigned countries: monthly review ledger activities, check sample documents, confirm reconciliations from the banks, petty cash, payable, payroll, incomes to receivable accounts, post in the ledger correcting entries when needed;
* Maintain effective control over budgets and planning: support countries in annual planning development, control budget spending, anticipate budget variances or funding gaps and provide field-based managers and RD with valuable recommendations and timely remedial actions;
* Coordinate with the field-based managers and the RD, reporting and responses to donors: approve all donors budget proposals and financial reports prior to external submission, review and approve all grant documents for signature;
* Enforce an effective internal financial reporting system between the HQ and the assigned countries;
* Monitor cashflow effectively: review countries net cash position and authorize funds requests, follow up on donors’ disbursements and alert field-based managers and RD on identified delayed disbursements or cash disruptions;
* Promote good governance and maintain knowledge on donors’ rules and regulations, countries tax and labor laws, policies and procedures within the organisation;
* Ensure that field-based managers understand policies, procedures, audit recommendations and help them to implement such effectively;
* Build and support effective teamworking: initiate regular coordination meetings with field-based managers and RD to address any financial related issues;
* Facilitate the provision of information to external or internal auditors: maintain effective and secure financial records (electronic and paper) and ensure financial data of countries are easily accessible. Play an active role in the implementation of audit recommendations;
* Participate in recruitment and development of skilled staff with managerial and financial functions, travel to countries and deliver on-site induction, orientation, mentoring and monitoring of financial staff and contribute to staff performance appraisals;
* Support Finance Managers in the effective use of SUNSYSTEM software and ensure a proper application of software maintenance and security protocols;
* At least 10 years of relevant work experience in direct accounting and finance with a minimum of 3 years’ in the NGO sector
* Decree’s in finance, business administration, management or economics with completed accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or similar);
* Proficient in SUNSYSTEM, Q&A reporting tool and Excel
* Good working knowledge of main humanitarian donors’ regulations (USAID, ECHO, DFID etc)
* Ability to manipulate large amount of data, high attention to details and accuracy
* Ability to manage heavy workload and conflicting priorities
* Ability to work as part of a team, to orient and supervise
* Fluent English (written and spoken), French or Arabic will be a plus,
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references;
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions:
Fixed term (renewable) full-time contract based in The Hague, Netherlands, €6,250 per month, 8% vacation pay (vakentiegeld), 2.5 days annual leave per month. The post is eligible for Highly Skilled Migrant visa sponsorship and a resettlement allowance.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to email@example.com and ensure to reference "RFC" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
* Up to date CV (4-page maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB.
Apply to Job