RADIO OPERATOR, SC4
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
- Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and channelling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
- Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
- Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep WFP telecommunications equipment operational.
- Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
- Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.
Specific Job requirements
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Technical training in communication equipment or other work related areas.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
- Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
- Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
- High sense of discretion and integrity.
- Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Nuer.
- The candidate should be a resident within the Bentiu area.
Be fluent in English and Nuer Languages;
Have completed secondary school;
Have at least 4 or more years of work experience in telecommunication;
Be a resident of Bentiu or Live within Bentiu Area.
How to apply:
If you meet the above job requirements please apply using the link that follows:
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOUTH SUDAN NATIONALS WHO ARE FROM BENTIU ONLY
Candidates are requested to create an account online in the e-recruitment system before applying
All applications must be submitted online through WFP E-Recruitment System
Cover Letter and updated CV in English should be attached to the application
Alternatively, you can search the job and apply through the links provided below:
Internal link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
External link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Apply to Job