Project Safety and Security Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Project Safety and Security Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support the Project Manager in ensuring that effective Safety and Security measures are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the Project context. Lead in the optimization of safety and security risk management by establishing systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security. Role will be largely field-based, expected to spend over 70% of time in field (various Project locations across Jordan, including Dams in Wadi Arab and Kufranja).
· Develop Project-specific Safety and Security Risk Assessment (SSRA). This will include assessment and risk treatment for safety hazards and security threats.
· Ensure plans, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with Core Security Requirement (CSR) and Office of Corporate Security (OCS) guidelines.
· Advise management on improvements for existing infrastructure and business processes.
· Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with SSRA, Policies, and Guidelines.
· Seek to develop a culture of safety and security, and monitor staff compliance.
· Establish a cordial and professional working relationship with employees.
· Assist in safety, security, and P&C investigations when required.
· Advice and lead management and employees on various topics related to Project safety and security.
· Develop Capacity Building Plan (CBP) specific to Project Safety and Security, addressing identified threats and hazards.
· Develop SOPs, training material and briefings to support Project CBP.
· Deliver regular onboarding, Training sessions, Briefings, drills, and updates to all Staff and Project Beneficiaries (Cash-for-Work workers).
· Build relations with key local Stakeholders (such as Partner organization, Law Enforcement Authorities, Emergency Services, sister NGOs in area, etc.) in coordination with the project manager.
· Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
· Ensure localized Medical Incident Management Plans and arrangements are in place (planning, preparations, and response).
· Provide input and support in emergency situations and critical incidents.
· Provide local liaison with law Enforcement Authorities, Emergency Services, and relevant stakeholders as required.
· Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
· Ensure that all safety and security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
· Investigate causes of accident and other unsafe conditions related to the Project.
· Identify, document, and implement the best ways to prevent future accidents (best practices and lessons learned).
· Other tasks as assigned by the project manager or the security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. (Preferred)
· Advanced Degree in Security studies. (Desirable)
· No previous criminal record or convictions( Essential)
· Experience in writing Safety and/or Security Risk Assessments, SOPs, Reports. (Essential)
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven Safety and/or Security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors). (Essential)
· Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO, preferably - including field security experience. (Preferred)
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
· Ability to communicate well in English and Arabic (verbal and written) - particularly in a crisis situation
· Knowledge of Jordan legislations and procedures.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Certification in Health and Safety or as a First Aid Trainer
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Professional - behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
· Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values
· Knowledge in the site culture by providing security briefings to all incoming Staff members and keep Staff regularly up-to-date and informed on relevant security threats, risk mitigation measures and procedures in place.
· Share accurate security advice (written and/or verbal) in a timely manner with all site Staff members.
· Ensure that visitors to both sites receive a security briefing upon their arrival;
How to apply:
Apply to Job