Project Manager - Country Representative
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Description of the organization:
Avocats Sans Frontières France (Lawyers Without Borders France or ASF France) is a French NGO established under the French law on organisations of July 1st, 1901. Its objectives are:
· To contribute to the effective application of universally recognised Human Rights
· To work wherever it is deemed useful and necessary, through the establishment or the restoration of the rule of law, of the judiciary and, particularly, of the right of fair trial and to adequate legal representation;
· To act for the prevention and against impunity for acts of aggression of any kind and, in particular, murder, enforced disappearances, torture, threats, persecution, imprisonment of which lawyers may be victim due to their professional activities.
In order to do so, Avocats Sans Frontières France use all the means available and can bring complaints before domestic and international institutions, and before judicial and non-judicial institutions, it can also intervene before them, including through civil actions before competent jurisdictions.
ASF France in Greece:
Since 2015, Europe has experienced an unprecedented migratory phenomenon, both in number and in nature: thousands of people are fleeing wars and persecution, asking European countries for international protection.
By virtue of its geographical position and the rules of the so-called "Dublin" regulation (requiring that the examination of asylum applications be the responsibility of the first country of entry), Greece has been at the forefront in terms of arrivals and responsibility for examining asylum applications.
Approximately 16,000 migrants and refugees currently reside on the Aegean islands, while the capacity of the hotspots is only 13,000. Living conditions in the islands are disastrous and are regularly denounced by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs). The need for legal assistance on these islands is both dense and multiple is a key issue to contribute to the respect of asylum seekers’ fundamental rights.
Among these islands, Samos faces the biggest gap in terms of number of people and capacity to respond: the reception and identification center has more or less 700 places, while its current registered population exceeds 4,400 people.
For this reason, ASF France has opened a legal assistance center since January 2019: the Samos Legal Centre. National and international lawyers or jurists provide daily legal assistance to asylum seekers: preparation to asylum interviews, support for appeal procedures, handling of family reunification cases, etc.
For its project of Legal Centre on the island of Samos in Greece, ASF France is looking for a Project Manager - Country Representative.
The Project Manager - Country Representative will be in charge of the implementation of the Samos Legal Centre project set up by ASF France.
He/she will be under the supervision of the Program Officer and will work closely with the Financial Administrator based at the headquarters of ASF France.
He/she will be in charge of the Legal Centre team, composed of lawyers and volunteer jurists, as well as an assistant.
1.Coordination and technical management
- Ensure the coordination, development, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Update all project monitoring tools.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project in accordance with the terms of reference of the project and the commitments agreed with donors.
- Ensure the good functioning of the Samos Legal Centre and set up information services with the field team.
- Provide a regular analysis of the project situation and context on the island of Samos.
- Ensure a constant evaluation of needs and propose new intervention strategies when necessary.
- Ensure the operational follow-up of the project (financial, logistical, administrative) and its missions in their human, material and financial components.
- Ensure good communication with the project partners and stakeholders, including donors and Greek authorities.
- In collaboration with the headquarters, analyze and identify funding and co-funding opportunities and respond to them.
- Report to the Program Officer of ASF France at headquarters.
2.Administrative and logistic management
- Human Ressources Management
o Recruit, train, coordinate, and supervise the project team.
o Plan the team' s activities and organize regular team meetings.
o Ensure that the team respects ASF France protocols and procedures.
- Supervise the Legal and Technical Assistant in his/her tasks and plan his/her priorities.
- Undertake administrative procedures required for ASF France in Greece, in particular regarding the registration of the association.
- Oversee the archiving, safekeeping and security of all project files.
- Carry out the budgetary and financial follow-up of the project according to the rules and procedures of ASF France.
- Carry out the banking operations for the payments to be made in Greece
- Carry out monthly accounting
- Develop cash flow forecasts and funding request
- Collaborate to the development of the financial reports submitted to the donors.
- Contribute to the elaboration of provisional budgets.
- Report to the Financial Administrator of ASF France at the headquarters.
4.Representation and communication
- Ensure communication and visibility of the project
- Internal communication
o Ensure the smooth communication of information between the team and ASF France's headquarters.
o Prepare monthly internal reports on the follow-up of the project (technical and financial management, human resources management, activities, representation, etc.).
- External communication
o Establish and maintain collaborative relations with national, regional and international actors.
o Ensure the link with the project's donors and prepare reports on the project's activities, in collaboration with Headquarters.
o In collaboration with the headquarters, and with Legal and Technical Assistant, manage the Facebook page of the Samos Legal Centre.
o Answer possible requests from journalists for reports, articles on the situation on the island of Samos.
- Answer the requests of ASF France's headquarters.
- Analyze the security context and transmit information to ASF France's headquarters.
- In collaboration with the Program Officer at the headquarters, interact with the ASF France experts
Education and professional experience:
5 years of higher education in Project Management
At least 3 years of experience in the field of international cooperation
Working experience with international donors
Mastering of the project cycle management and proven capacities in project coordination.
Excellent writing and analysis skills.
Ability to supervise a multicultural team.
Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Knowledge of the issues related to migration in Greece and Europe will be an asset.
Mastery of Pack Office is essential (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Internet Explorer).
Fixed-term contract under French law
Remuneration according to profile and experience
Duration of contract: 6 months renewable (depending on project renewal)
Start date: January 04, 2021
Accompanied departure possible according to sanitary conditions
On-site accommodation in a collective house
ASF France covers two return trips between home and work, at the beginning and end of the mission, and for mid-mission leave, according to the criteria of the association.
The mission is carried out in Samos, Greece. Depending on the evolution of the sanitary context, the Project Manager - Country Representative may be asked to carry out all or part of the mission remotely. If the sanitary conditions are fulfilled and after validation of the headquarters, he/she may be deployed in Samos.
The Project Manager - Country Representative will be asked to sign and respect a strict hygiene protocol in order to avoid risks of contamination, but also to sign a certificate of understanding of the health and safety risks. ASF France keeps the right to repatriate its teams at any time, after deployment, according to the evolution of the sanitary context, upon decision of the direction.
How to apply:
Send your CV, cover letter and references by December 2, 2020 at the latest to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, copy : email@example.com ; with the subject "ASFF - SAMOS CDP".
Apply to Job