Project Management Specialist (Budget)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BUDGET PLANNING AND DIRECTION 40%
· Serves as subject matter expert in leading the Health Office Team in the preparation of annual and multi-year office budgets and ensures program budget planning and development is aligned with Mission and PEPFAR strategy and cross-cutting priorities.
· Provides extensive advisory services to a wide array of stakeholders including project managers, USAID/Washington PEPFAR team as well as other USG agencies implementing PEPFAR funding and implementing partners to ensure annual multi-million-dollar USAID budgets are aligned with USAID priorities in the host country.
· Analyzes budget guidance from a variety of sources, and guides Health Office and Mission leadership to ensure adherence.
· Provides the appropriate fiscal data to be used for new and existing projects.
· Advises the Health Office on budgeting issues and pertinent regulations that apply to the use of USAID funds by source, type and duration.
· Makes recommendations to the Teams regarding appropriate contractual and financial actions.
· Compiles budget information, project obligation materials and budget scenarios in conjunction with the Office of Financial Management (OFM).
· Coordinate closely with USAID/Washington PEPFAR team on PEPFAR-funded activities to ensure Health Office budget planning and direction aligns with PEPFAR goals and guidance.
BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING AND ANALYSIS 30%
· Ensures health program budgets adhere to agency requirements, (adequate documentation, forward funding compliance, adherence to earmarks, initiatives, directives, and budget guidelines).
· Updates uncommitted balances regularly and provide technical and programmatic recommendations to Health Office management on the use of un-sub-committed balances for new or ongoing activities.
· Tracks obligations, outlays, accruals and pipeline and ensure their conformity to action plans, budgets and U.S regulations, as well as PEPFAR guidelines. Analyzes existing financial data, including pipelines, disbursements, accruals and forecasted expenditures to inform the budget formulation process.
· Prepares field support budget requests, in coordination with the Technical Teams
· Develops and/or edits obligation documents, action memos, waivers and other documents needed for budget decisions.
· Serves as Health Office subject matter expert (SME) for GLAAS.
· Provides guidance and coordinates Health Office contributions to a variety of plans and reports, including PEFAR Country Operational Plan (COP), Congressional Budget Justification, Mission Resource Request (MRR), and Performance Plan and Report (PPR).
· Organizes and coordinates Health Portfolio Reviews and assists in preparing the necessary document and presentations for Mission Portfolio Reviews. Helps track and follow-up action items from the portfolio reviews.
· Identifies existing and potential program implementation and management problems as evident from tracking efforts and work with respective program managers to resolve problems/take corrective action.
· Serves as a key liaison with the Mission’s Program Office (PRO) responding, on behalf of Health Office, to regular and ad hoc reporting and programmatic requests.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Step 1: Register in MyJobsInKenya at www.myjobsinkenya.com
Step 2: Complete the job application questionnaire at www.myjobsinkenya.com The applicant must answer all the questions in the Questionnaire.
Step 3: Internal Applicants/Current USG Employees: Attach an updated curriculum vitae/resume (no more than five pages), a copy of your most recent Performance Evaluation Report, and copies of all relevant certificates. Scan and attach all the documents and upload to MyJobsInKenya.
External Applicants/Not Current USG Employees: Attach an updated curriculum vitae/resume (no more than five pages) and copies of all relevant certificates. Upload all the documents to MyJobsInKenya.
Note to Applicants:
Applications must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted through myjobsinkenya.com as stated in Section IV.
Submissions will only be accepted through www.myjobsinkenya.com Late and Incomplete applications (those that do not contain the applicant’s most current and up to date detailed CV and relevant education certificates) will not be considered for the position. The closing date for receipt of applications is indicated above.
USAID DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING) AND DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.
Apply to Job