Programme Manager – Peacebuilding and Social Cohesion & Technical Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
· Lead PSF programming for the National Framework on Social Cohesion with the Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement ensuring quality control, collaborative approaches, and drive for results.
Co-lead the Paung Sie Support Hub, supporting external humanitarian and development partners to integrate processes that contribute to cohesion, and support cross-sectoral H-D-P learning.
· Work with partners to implement targeted programmes, providing ongoing advice and support, translating concepts into practice.
· Provide contextual analysis relative to social cohesion programming and written contextual updates for states/regions/country context as required.
· Contribute to PSF strategy development through the provision of strategic programmatic advice and development of strategy papers to PSF management on an ongoing basis.
· Manage a PSCC&TC and PO, and provide ongoing mentoring and coaching including the delivery of technical guidance, allocation of duties and monitoring performance according to the PSF Performance Management Policy.
· Establish and maintain excellent and effective working relationships with partners and PSF stakeholders.
· Support the organisation of Social Cohesion Working Group meetings, learning events and coordination meetings.
· Liaise and participate to meetings, events and initiative relevant to the programming area.
· Work closely with the PSF Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) teams to identify appropriate monitoring and evaluation indicators and means of verification to ensure effective measurement of project deliverables and review of results to date. Co-lead partner reflection workshops.
· Support the Head of Programmes in developing call for proposals and grants management process documentation.
· Confidently access, engage with and influence senior national and international interlocutors and decisionmakers.
· Other tasks as assigned by the Head of Programmes.
· Master of Peacebuilding, International Relations, Politics or equivalent. Specialisation in peacebuilding, dialogue, social cohesion highly regarded.
· 10-15 years expertise with at least 5 years of progressive management experience internationally and in cross-cultural, international organizations, with demonstrated experience in peacebuilding programme design and delivery, particularly related to dialogue initiatives.
· Experience working with government on policy development and delivery.
· Knowledge and experience of community and intercommunal relations in Myanmar.
· Expertise in developing and implementing programmes in Myanmar or in similar contexts.
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of grant-management.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders in complex environments
· Strong networking and influencing skills.
· Strong communication skills in English essential.
· Previous experience in the humanitarian or development sectors desirable.
· Facilitation skills desirable.
· A capacity to identify entry points and opportunities for interventions and manage the risks and challenges for such initiatives.
· Strategic sense with a focus on detail and providing creative solutions at the programme and project levels.
· Robust networking skills and an ability to create synergies between individuals, organisations and initiatives.
· An energetic team player and leader with the ability and inter-personal skills to engage, motivate and empower partner organisations and team members.
· An eye to ways to improve the organisation by enhancing PSF systems and processes.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to PSF’s mandate.
All PSF staff must adhere to NIS and PSF codes of conduct, handbooks, guidelines and policies.PSF has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, at all times (both during work hours and outside work hours).
PSF is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of diverse ages, genders, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and disability to apply.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted via our dedicated online system, which may be accessed at the following link:https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/0646abc635ac403a9aef6d7de1f9ab13
Please note, applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified. Early applications are strongly encouraged. More than one candidate may be appointed to this position. International, regional and national specialists are encouraged to apply for this role.
Valid applications must contain a cover letter, a CV (maximum 4 pages), as well as a minimum of 3 references. Please note, that applications which do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
Apply to Job