NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing management support to overseas international development programs in agriculture and private enterprise development, administered by Land O’Lakes Venture37. This position is responsible for supporting specific projects to ensure that programs are able to meet or exceed results targets, are implemented on-time and within budget, and meet donor and Land O’Lakes policy and regulatory requirements. Up to 25% international is required.
The Program Manager collaborates closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and other key project staff of the specific project that they support. This position will be responsible for a significant amount of writing deliverables which are required as part of the project. Therefore, the candidate must possess excellent writing and communication skills. Language skills, especially French, are helpful. Successful candidates will have had 5+ years of prior international development experience providing management oversight and support to a donor funded project; specific areas of focus should include developing and managing a grants program, developing workplans and Gannt charts which organize project activities, assisting in the review of budgets and forecasts, understanding and providing training on donor compliance rules, and reviewing and streamlining existing procedures to increase the efficiency of project implementation. The position can be based in either Arden Hills, MN or Washington DC. Responsibilities include:
Development of Training Platforms & Streamlining of Procedures
- Continually assist in the streamlining and updating of V37 procedures in order to maximize implementation work.
- Continually participate in the review of departmental systems, processes and workflows and bring forward continuous improvement initiatives to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness while mitigating risk to programs and the organization.
- Roll out and training field staff on use of V37 tools.
- Provide direct program management support to the project assigned.
- Support to facilitate the successful start-up, implementation and close-down of field programs.
- Review monthly Project Executive Summary reports and provide monthly financial oversight.
- Support the development and submission of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans as per donor requirements.
- In collaboration with project staff, coordinate monthly program review meetings as well as liaise with prime and subcontractors’ administrative and program support personnel based in the US.
- Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to resolve issues.
- Coordinate, review and assist in submitting donor reports.
- Provide training on donor compliance to field staff.
New Business Development
- Serve on proposal and application development teams to capture new business and projects.
- Assist in proposal development and/or review as a full NBD team member, as requested.
- Collaborate with new business department to share feedback on lessons learned during implementation that may strengthen program design and operations.
- Contribute to donor engagement strategies.
Writing and Communication
- Assist in writing and submitting excellent quarterly donor reports.
- Assist in the development of success stories about the project, work with the communications team to ensure that V37 is communicating out project successes in a variety of ways including Website, articulates, brochures and flyers, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- University degree in International Development, Political Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Agriculture or related studies.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management and/or program support experience on US Government-funded contract(s) or agreement(s) or other similar non-USG donor such as the Gates Foundation.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience, success and high ethical standards in leading, supervising, coaching and developing others to achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of project management systems, tools and processes applied in a multi-country setting.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners, especially in developing countries.
- Prior experience and knowledge of USAID, USDA, or Gates Foundation, DFID and/or other donor organizations rules, regulations and procedures.
- Advanced skills and experience with MS Office Products with the ability to learn additional software packages.
- Superior communication abilities; can present facts and ideas clearly, professionally and concisely (both oral and written communication).
- Excellent writing skills are a must.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in past-paced, ever-changing, multicultural, and multi-language team environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote international locations if needed (up to 25%).
- Professional proficiency in French, Portuguese or other language.
- Completed training in donor-regulations and management related to international development.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
How to apply:
Apply to Job