Program Manager II - Team Leader EU, South Sudan
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the EU-funded livelihoods and social cohesion program Greater Jonglei, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming. The program is designed to complement and integrate with existing CRS programming and field teams carrying out interventions in the same sectors and target areas. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality livelihoods, agriculture, disaster risk reduction, social cohesion and transitional justice programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its stabilization, reconciliation and resilience programming. You will recruit, train and lead the program’s field teams for CRS and undertake direct implementation of activities in insecure and remote field locations. You will coordinate actively with CRS o ther programs in Greater Jonglei, often sharing teams and offices. You and senior program managers will be based in Bor town, Jonglei State, and conduct direct programming through teams working in three remote field locations.
* Master's Degree in Rural Development, Rural Livelihoods, Agronomy, International Development or a related subject. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in direct implementation of rural livelihoods, conflict mitigation and social cohesion programming especially for pastoralist populations.
* Experience in managing moderately complex projects in a remote field setting preferably with an international NGO.
* Experience in managing cash transfer programming.
* Experience of livelihoods programming for rural or pastoralist youth in conflict settings.
Travel: Must be willing and able to spend up to 60% of time in remote and insecure field locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong planning, management and decision-making skills.
* Demonstrated capacity to build, mentor and lead diverse teams in challenging field conditions;
* Experience and skills in implementing matrix management supervision for field teams.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative and contextualized solutions.
* Cultural awareness and the capacity to learn rapidly and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Good presentation and facilitation skills for diverse groups.
* Demonstrated capacity to lead teams responding rapidly to evolving challenges, devising appropriate solutions and achieving results.
* Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple tasks in parallel and optimize the short seasonal implementation time frame of Greater Jonglei.
* Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with very basic amenities and few or no other international staff and adhere a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
* Good experience in project management, including project design for direct implementation with funding from public donors.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality briefs and reports.
* Experience in coordinating and sharing program staff, facilities and resources with multiple projects and teams working in th e same location.
* MEAL skills and experience required.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervision of three international Program Managers (livelihoods, social cohesion/traditional justice and MEAL). Technical supervision of national field-based program teams.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply:
Apply to Job