Program Coordinator Syria M/F
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking to fill a Program Coordinator position based in Damascus, Syria.
With a presence since 2008 in Syria, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is working to bring equitable access to the basic services to the affected populations in Damascus, rural Damascus, Daraa, Homs, Quneitra, Hama and Aleppo. SIF is working with several donors as UNHCR, UNICEF and OCHA for the benefit of the displaced and affected people. SIF in Syria f ocuses on: Shelter Rehabilitation, Education, and Protection programs.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, as part of the Coordination Team and while supervising the project coordinators, MEAL coordinator, Grants and Reporting Officer, you will be in charge of coordinating the implementation of the SIF programs in the mission and be responsible for their quality.
Your work will consist of:
Operational strategy and Coordination
* Analysing the context and its evolution.
* Elaborating problem trees and proposed solutions.
* Needs assessment analysis.
Project Cycle Management
* Ensuring the conception of the projects.
* Supervising the implementation of the projects.
* Defining partnership modalities with the operational partners, being in charge of the partnerships, defining and supervising the capacity building plans for the partners.
Management / HR
* Providing leadership and management to the program team.
* Supporting national staff, ensuring that the individuals work effectively as a team in order to achieve the project objectives.
* Proposing job descriptions for all new project staff.
* Representing SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
* Attending conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
* Elaborating presentation project tools (objectives, methodology, activities, results) for authorities, donors, partners, etc.
* Ensuring the elaboration of donor reports according to the requested deadlines.
* Elaborating ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc.
* Informing immediately the Head of Mission of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the project implementation.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organisation, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
* You have worked a minimum of 3 years in humanitarian work.
* You posses knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding, proposal and report writing.
* You have a substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
* You possess the ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
* You have strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
* You h ave strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
* An understanding and commitment to SIF’s mission and values are necessary.
* Familiarity with the Middle East context and in particular the Syrian context would be appreciated.
* Starting date : As soon as possible.
* French fixed term contract : 9 months.
* Remuneration according to our salary grid.
* Monthly perdiem.
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
* Leaves every 3 months.
How to apply:
Apply to Job