NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Macfadden, a PAE Company, is seeking a Junior Program Assistant to support USAID's Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (ASHA). The Program Assistant will provide additional administrative and program support to USAID/ASHA. The Administrative Assistants will provide support to the ASHA Director and Deputy Director and provide office wide administrative support. Day to day work assignments and oversight will be provided by the Project Manager.
- Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with onboarding of new staff of various hiring mechanisms.
- Liaising with USAID to process memos and other requests to AMS Officers.
- Assisting ASHA staff with general office support including but not limited to badge forms.
- Backstopping the Administrative Assistant in support of the ASHA Director and Deputy Director.
- Coordinating the routing of various documents/memos through the approval chain, following up on pending details, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assisting in maintaining trackers, responding to general questions through ASHA mailboxes and consistently monitoring data quality control.
- Attending and providing coverage at various USAID meetings and public events, as assigned.
- Managing calendar invitations, phone bridge lines, video conference calls (if available), agendas, room reservations, logistics, and note taking for various meetings.
- Researching and obtaining information for routine reports and data requests.
- Serving as a timekeeper for ASHA personnel in WebTA, USAID’s time and attendance system.
- Assisting ASHA personnel with various staffing memos including premium pay memos, travel compensation (comp) time memos, comp time calculators, overtime memos.
- Assisting with listerv creation and management.
A US Government issued Secret clearance is required for the duration of your employment. One of the requirements for a US Government Secret clearance is US citizenship. Only applicants who currently hold an active interim Secret or higher level security clearance will be considered for this position.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 1-4+ years’ of professional/office experience, including internships.
Skills: Candidates must have excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Applicants must be able to meet deadlines and multitask, have strong attention to detail, and work well with others in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Working knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
How to apply:
Apply to Job