Online Events Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
TITLE: Online Events Officer
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, Learning Delivery
LOCATION: Remote, candidates in EST time zone strongly preferred
Humentum is a global nonprofit organization that strengthens humanitarian and development organizations and advocates for data-driven policies and standards to benefit the entire sector. We work directly with organizations by building community through our online networking platform and events; advancing individual and organizational capability through online training and content; and providing solutions to organization-wide problems through our consultancy service. Join the leading global nonprofit working with humanitarian and development organizations to improve how they operate.
Working as a member of the learning delivery team, this role will work with the wider learning team and membership and client services team on a regular basis. The Online Events Officer supports the preparation and delivery of online events, striving to create a positive learner journey for attendees and clients.
Support event delivery for Humentum learning events, which may include open workshops, client-contracted workshops, convening events and conferences
Coordinate logistics for over 200+ events per year, which may include:
Communicating with clients, trainers, vendors, and inter-departmental staff on a regular basis
o Cloning existing event templates to create new ones for all new online events
o Cloning existing email templates for auto event correspondence
o Adding discount codes/removing discount codes on cloned paid events
o Zoom logistics for online events
o Providing 1-2 reg updates in channel to trainers (once event is built and one month out)
- Reconcile event attendance in Cvent
- Update registration event database for schedule of assigned workshops and review other events for quality control
Develop and maintain internal organizational tools including production deadlines tracking
Assist with conference support as needed by all areas of the organization, which may include materials production, vendor management and logistical assistance
- Keeping an issue log for Cvent
- Reviewing/updating/escalating other issues in Cvent
- Participate in learning delivery team meetings, organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives;
Maintain filing systems (electronic and paper) and assist with the maintenance of organization-wide systems;
Attend and support local and regional events as necessary
Provide occasional assistance for f2f events as required.
Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
• One to two years’ experience in working in events
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Outlook
• Experience using data base administration tools; experience with Salesforce a plus
• A high standard of English
Skills and Attributes
· Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including email and online messaging
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic and unpredictable context
· Independent problem-solving ability
· Customer-oriented, positive attitude
· Must be able to work as part of a remote team as well as independently
· Commitment to a work environment that incorporates Humentum’s cultural values: Mission- Driven, Professional, Direct, Naturally collaborative, Collegial and Fun.
JOB RELATED INFORMATION
This role is home based and part of a wider global team who all work remotely, you will need to work independently and as well as part of the team to achieve team-based targets. You must possess both the ability and environment to work virtually; reliable connection to high speed internet, appropriate environment for leading and participating in virtual meetings with enabled video.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and letter of motivation at https://jobs.humentum.org/jobs/online-events-officer-in-nationwide-us/
Apply to Job