National Evaluation Advisor on Health Systems Strengthening, USAID/Cambodia Mid-term Evaluation EQHA and PHB Activities
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The objective of the Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity (EQHA) is to improve the quality of public and private health services in a sustainable manner through technical assistance to national and sub-national health systems. The activity will support public and private healthcare services to meet acceptable global standards, delivered in an efficient manner, resulting in increased client satisfaction. Efforts will ensure that health services are managed holistically and linkages between departments are maximized to ensure that services are patient-centered, and individuals are not lost within the system. Activity efforts will also support the development of accreditation of health facilities and address pre-service and in-service training needs to ensure the competency of healthcare providers.
The purpose of Promoting Healthy Behavior (PHB) is to improve health behaviors among Cambodians and ensure that Cambodians seek and receive quality health care with decreased financial hardship through more sustainable systems. Population Services International (PSI) is the prime partner of PHB that leads the overall implementation of the award. 17 Triggers, a global private sector behavior change lab founded in Cambodia, is the sub-partner that contributes their expertise on using marketing, human-centered design (HCD), research, and design thinking to develop innovative and effective Social Behavior Change (SBC) strategies.
These two activities started in Summer 2018 and are scheduled to end in June (PHB) and August (EQHA) of 2023.
Social Impact is seeking a National Evaluation Advisor to support the Evaluation Team Leader in designing, planning and implementing the evaluation, including qualitative data collection and analysis. In addition, s/he will ensure contextual relevance of the design and implementation of the evaluation. This is a part-time consulting position requiring approximately 55 days of work between January and April 2021.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Cambodian citizenship will be considered
- Lead development and submission of workplan to USAID, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Lead preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) with identified stakeholders in Cambodia.
- Ensure all team members carefully collect, clean, and store qualitative data.
- Lead data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation to USAID/Cambodia.
- Coordinate team inputs to prepare the draft report; upon receiving USAID’s comments on the draft report, make any final corrections and improvements.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables, implementing SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Studies, or another related field.
- At least five years of experience in M&E procedures and implementation of complex, relevant projects. USAID program experience preferred.
- Experience assessing, monitoring and/or evaluating health programs, including strong contextual knowledge of health systems strengthening (HSS) programming in Cambodia is required; social behavior change (SBC) experience is preferred.
- At least five years of experience managing M&E activities, including design and implementation of evaluations and/or assessments.
- Strong knowledge, skills, and experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis tools and software.
- Experience conducting and coordinating with others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations, and other evaluation and assessment methods that ensure reliability and validity of the data.
- Experience in data management and qualitative data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience using qualitative evaluation methodologies.
- Experience triangulating quantitative data and conducting secondary analysis of existing quantitative datasets.
- Able to review, interpret and reanalyze as needed existing data pertinent to the evaluation.
- Strong data interpretation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, including experience writing evaluation and/or assessment reports.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3418.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Apply to Job