National Consultant – IT Support on Tableau Data Visualization for SRHR Inequities project
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Purpose of consultancy:
UNFPA APRO has supported 18 countries in the Asia-Pacific region to identify and analyze Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) inequities in the achievement of the transformative goals of zero preventable maternal deaths, zero unmet need for family planning and zero harmful practices and violence against women as well as universal access to SRHR.
The analysis for 18 countries of the region has been conducted by APRO’s Implementing Partner, the Burnet Institute, who helped design a framework for this analysis which also uses some important data techniques like smaller area estimation on some key SRHR issues.
The analysis has been illustrated in a digital report for each country, and through visual illustrations of inequities across key SRHR indicators stratified for different groups, which were created using the Tableau Data Visualization Software.
The proposed consultancy aims to provide support to the APRO SRHR team in creating an online platform or dashboard to display the inequities visualizations across the 18 countries in the Asia-Pacific region, using the Tableau Public function of the data visualization software, similar to other UN agencies’ online platforms (example: https://public.tableau.com/profile/unicefdata#!/)
The consultant will be responsible for uploading the pre-developed Data Visualizations packages into the UNFPA APRO Tableau Public account, creating an interactive dashboard to be displayed online through UNFPA APRO’s website and social media accounts.
Scope of work:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The consultant will be required to:
· Liaise with the SRHR and IT Teams in UNFPA APRO to obtain the Tableau workbook packages and create the UNFPA Tableau Public platform;
· Work with the SRHR Team to define the intended visualizations, types of graphics and other details of the intended Tableau dashboard;
· Upload and create all required data visualizations content on the Tableau Public Dashboard;
· Liaise with APRO SRHR and Communications team to ensure appropriate branding and consistency of UNFPA’s visibility on the Tableau public platform.
Detailed technical support for the project will be provided by the SRH and IT teams in UNFPA Asia Pacific Regional Office.
The selected consultant will:
· Be contracted for a total number of 25 working days in November/December 2020 (exact dates TBD)
· Work from the UNFPA Offices in Bangkok if required due to technical issues (e.g. use of office desktop, tableau account, etc.)
· Be responsible for the delivery of the final, deployment-ready version of the Tableau platform;
· Liaise with the researchers in the Burnet Institute, as needed, in collaboration with the UNFPA SRHR Team
Duration and working schedule:
25 working days between November and December 2020.
Place where services are to be delivered:
Bangkok, UNFPA Asia Pacific Regional Office. The consultant is not expected to travel as part of the proposed scope of work. Ideally the consultant will be already based in Bangkok, Thailand; if he/she needs to travel to Bangkok to perform the duties in this consultancy, the consultant will be responsible for travel-related expenses.
Delivery dates and how work will be delivered:
· Development of Template Tableau Dashboard, to be reviewed and approved by UNFPA SRHR and IT team (5 working days)
· Final Submission of deployment-ready Tableau Public Dashboard, including all country visualizations and proper branding (20 working days)
Monitoring and progress control, including reporting requirements, periodicity format and deadline:
· Tableau license and office account will be provided by UNFPA APRO.
· An office desktop will be provided to the consultant for the duration of the assignment to work on the installed version of Tableau
The consultant will report to Catherine Breen-Kamkong, SRHR Technical Advisor, UNFPA Asia Pacific Regional Office. The consultant will work in close collaboration with the SRHR and IT Teams of UNFPA APRO.
· This consultancy will be remunerated on a daily fee basis.
· Daily Fee = THB 3,200 (approximately US $103)/day * 25 Days = THB 80,000 (approximately US$ 2,575).
· Payment to be made in two tranches according to deliverables: 20% on submission of Interim Draft Template (5 days work) and 80% upon final deliverable of Deployment-ready Dashboard (20 days).
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
· Advanced experience using the Tableau Data visualization software is essential: the consultant is required to submit to APRO previous examples of visualization work done through the Tableau software;
· Ability to work independently on own initiative;
· Analytical skills to critically assess and interpret sources and data;
· Advanced IT skills – Ability to solve and trouble-shoot IT issues independently or with limited guidance and support;
· Education: Bachelor degree in IT, Data Analytics, Communications or other related fields;
· At least 3 years’ professional experience in a data analytics or IT field, including in academia;
· Fluent in English
· Thai Nationality
· Living in Bangkok or ability to travel to Bangkok if required at own expenses (UNFPA will not cover transport or other-travel related expenses)
How to apply:
Candidates should submit the following documents:
• Industrial certificate(s), if you have any
• Tableau portfolio (such as infographic or data visualization) – please submit links to your portfolio or other documents/examples of your work on Tableau via the email below.
All the above documents must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The P11 is available on the UNFPA websites at https://www.unfpa.org/resources/p11-un-personal-history-form
Please quote the Vacancy number JID 2008 UNFPA APRO. The deadline for application is 11 November 2020
UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applications in whom UNFPA has a further interest.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balances gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. **
Apply to Job