NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CARE International is a humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a particular focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
The EAC funded ‘Waxbar Curtaada II- Educate your children’ project aims to address obstacles to educational access for out of school children affected by instability, displacement, social exclusion and poverty in Somalia. The project targets to enroll 57,600 out of school children from across five federal member states – Galmudug, Hirshabelle, Jubaland and South West. It’s a consortium comprising of CARE (Lead), WARDI and GREDO to deliver the project results. Waxbar Carurtaada II Project will strengthen local governance structures and community support around school safety and inclusive and gender-sensitive education, increasing enrollment rates among marginalized groups, including girls and the extremely poor. Through ABE, the project will provide viable options for learners unable to access education or to attend regularly because of seasonal and out-migration, domestic demands, and income-generating activities. The project will work closely with Federal member states MOEs across the five regional states and other education stakeholders to achieve its objective.
2. JOB SUMMARY
He/she will work very closely with the Ministries of Education of the Federal Government of Somalia, Jubaland State of Somalia and South West Administration State of Somalia. Reporting to the Team Leader -EAC; the MEAL Manager will ensure development and operationalization of a robust M&E system for the project, ensuring high quality monitoring and evaluation of program delivery and reporting. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing; modifying and monitoring key programme performance indicators and record physical progress for specific programmes and projects within the Urban Youth Programme. In addition, he/she will play significant role in program development including log frame and M&E plan development, donor level reporting, data/information management, and capacity building of CARE and partner staff in Somalia.**
3. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Result Area 1: Project Data Management and Analysis (45%)
· Provide technical support to develop and implement robust monitoring M&E framework system for the project including customised monitoring tools for routine application
· With the support of project and M&E team members, collect periodically monitoring data for information on project progress and areas of improvement;
· Establish and maintain project MIS for centralizing CARE and the partners’ monthly reports and tracking progress against log frame indicators.
· Develop detailed capacity building plans for Ministry and partner staff to build their knowledge and skills in robust data capture, analysis and reporting.
· Provide tailored coaching and training for project stakeholders (CARE and partners staff, MoE officials, CECs) to improve quality data collection and reporting.
· Conduct regular monitoring visits to verify progress of project and accuracy of data, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor progress of programme indicators, maintain programme data repository and keep up to date record of all data/information required for measuring project performance indicators**
- Maintain programme data repository and facilitate the storage, archiving and easy retrieval of program data organized by projects, locations of action and temporal distribution, and suggest better methods for improving existing data management systems.
Result Area 2: Project Evaluation and Accountability (25%)
· Coordinate the consultants contracted to conduct the baseline, mid-term and end term project evaluations.
· Complete field monitoring and evaluation trips for the completion of special assignments and reports, in combination with field office M&E capacity-building for the production of quality M&E data, reporting, and learning.
· Organize joint quarterly monitoring visits to project sites together with the MOE and relevant consortium staff at all levels to monitor progress and offer guidance/support as required.
· Support the finalization of the M&E framework and ensure partners and stakeholders are clear on roles and responsibilities therein.
· Ensure that data being gathered remains in line with project outcomes, milestones and indicators, and that there is a system in place to track community contributions, learning outcomes, attendance and other requirements as per the M&E framework
- Drafting, editing and producing written briefers or reports on program as necessary to promote project objectives and disseminate information to CARE, DFID and Somali audiences.
· Coordinate with other donor projects on linkages and cross-learning complimentary issues for greater impact.
· Provide regular monthly technical monitoring reports to the AGES Education Manager
· Prepare evidence based consolidated reports (quarterly, annual and final) as per donor requirements
· Establish standardized complaints and feedback mechanism and ensure system is functional (document feedback received and how the project addressed it).
· Receive and review monthly activity progress reports and present summarized briefs to the management committee.
Result Area 3: Staff Capacity building (10%)
· Undertake M&E knowledge skills capacity assessment of CARE and partner programme staff and provide recommendations for addressing any gaps identified
- Design and implement tailored in –house M&E trainings for CARE and partner staff
Result Area 4: Staff supervision (10%)
Directly supervise day to day roles of 2 programme staff with M&E functions
- Undertake performance management of staff supervised
Result Area 5: Other cross cutting roles (5%)
- Establish working relationships with the rest of the country office M&E coordinators /advisors
- Contribute to overall CARE Somalia M&E system development /management
- Share/ exchange M&E knowledge and experiences with other CARE programmes
Result Area 6: Other duties as assigned (5%)
4. Required Qualifications (minimum requirements)
· Degree in Education, statistics or any other social sciences
· Post GRADUATE DEGREE PREFERRED
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience in programme monitoring and evaluation preferably in EAC funded programming and in NGO set up
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in designing and implementing practical monitoring and evaluation system
· Proficiency using one of the common statistical analysis software packages is required (SPSS, Stata, and SAS or EpiInfo).
· Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required. Experience living and working in challenging environments preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills
· Ability to work independently and as a virtual team member.
· A full commitment to CARE core values and humanitarian mandate.
· Extensive travel experience preferred.
· Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, Communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships
List the types of decisions the jobholder can make without prior approval.
· Technical project issues that are in line with the grant proposal.
Describe this position’s level of autonomy for determining staffing of its area of responsibility.
· None, will need to do this in consultation with Urban Youth Program
5. Key Relationships
- Team Leader –EAC
Working closely with
Head of MEAL CARE Somalia (on M&E, partnership and other PQ issues)
MEAL Manager –LNGB – for co-funding issues.
Local partner project staff – enrolment of out of school children and tracking of attendance.
CARE USA MEAL Team
Federal Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education;
Federal member states MOEs (Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South West, Jubaland and Puntland).
Local NGO partners staff – WARDI and GREDO;
UN agencies, international NGOs working in the same geographic areas/sectors;
6. Direct Reports
M & E Officer
Other staff as needed
7. Working Conditions
This is a posting in South Central Somalia with frequent travel to project sites depending on security conditions. Security situation in Somalia is currently calm. The climate is hot and dry.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in a one PDF document to SOM.Recruitment@care.org by referring the job title ''MEAL Manager '' as the subject line of the email, latest on Tuesday, 8th December 2020**.
all applications should be accompanied by a CV with a minimum of three traceable and recent references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuses
Apply to Job