Logistics Officer - North Aleppo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria A’zaz Office and related programme activities by providing general logistics support, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Set up and maintain all GOAL storage facilities at A’zaz Office in accordance with the GOAL Logistics Manual;
- Effectively follow all stock management procedures in A’zaz Office stores in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Liaise with Antakya Logistics Team, Supply Team and Procurement Teams (A’zaz and Antakya), to receive goods into the A’zaz Office and prepare Goods In Dockets (GID) for all goods received, ensuring policies of separation of duties are adhered to;
- Set up and maintain stock cards for all inventory stored in A’zaz Office;
- Monitor stocks of stationery and office supplies, report on consumption and raise OQRFs to replenish when required, ensuring no stock outs disrupt activities;
- Report to DAC on inventory levels (daily, weekly, monthly as required) in A’zaz Office; and
- Participate in monthly stock takes.
- Effectively follow all asset management procedures in the A’zaz Office and ensure compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Oversee the management of the GOAL Syria Fixed Assets Register (FAR) in A’zaz to ensure accurate and current location of all and any assets in Syria;
- Report receipt, movement, damage and disposal of all assets to the Logistics Administrator in Antakya Office;
- Ensure any locally purchased or donated assets are reported to the Logistics Administrator in Antakya Office and entered into the FAR upon receipt, an Asset Receipt Certificate is completed and filed with a copy of the invoice, and all assets are appropriately labelled/tagged in accordance with the GOAL Logistics Manual;
- Adequately store and keep secure all assets at the A’zaz Office;
- Liaise with Procurement Team, IT Manager and C&T Manager regarding the allocation of assets to staff and programmes;
- Prepare and track Asset Transfer Certificates for all assigned or returned assets, ensuring electronic and hard copy filing systems are maintained and up-to-date;
- Ensure that staff complete Loss and Damage reports for any assets lost or damaged and arrange repair or disposal, in accordance with GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Arrange monthly and biannual asset checks, ensuring that any discrepancies are reported to the Logistics Administrator and rectified in the FAR.
Premises and Compound Management:
- Maintain all GOAL A’zaz premises, effectively manage all utilities, and monitor the condition of premises raising requests for repair and maintenance when required;
- Complete generator log books and report to Fleet & Transport on fuel consumption;
- Ensure that GOAL A’zaz office is clean and neat and supervise cleaner in their daily duties and address any issues that may arise; and
- Report any security concerns relating to Harem Office and premises, ensuring DAC is informed of all relevant security information promptly.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the DAC;
- Fulfil GOAL Syria reporting requirements;
- All positions in GOAL Syria Logistics Department/s may at times require manual handling and lifting.
University graduate from management, business administration, economy, or related field.
At least 3 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain, procurement, or/and relative fields.
Diplomacy and strong communication and negotiation skills,
Strong knowledge on Microsoft Office apps
Previous experience in managing teams,
- Very good English language skills
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT; mechanics; construction; electricity; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; or other).
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 12-Dec-20.
Apply to Job