IT Systems Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
DAI, a global development company, is seeking a qualified IT Systems Specialist to serve on a new USAID-funded project, State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness (State2State). This 5-year project will be based in Bauchi, with 5 state offices of Gombe, Sokoto, Bauchi, Adamawa and Ebonyi State.
The IT Systems Specialist is responsible for oversight of IT needs for the project main and state offices, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical advice. The IT Systems Specialist is responsible for ensuring that DAI established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are fully functional, efficient and cost effective. The IT Systems Specialist provides user support and manages relationships with outside System Support Companies (as needed).
Responsibilities also include the management and maintenance of LANs (Local Area Networks) in the program’s main office in Bauchi (30 staff) and state offices (total of 75 staff). IT Systems Specialist will ensure that proper backup and restore procedures are followed, maintain network security (antivirus and communication devices), and that end users have access to shared files, printers and email. When needed, he/she will also be responsible for conducting IT assessments and preparing reports for grantees and project partners per OIMT standards to ensure that appropriate solutions (equipment, software and services) are proposed and provided to beneficiaries.
DAI’s Office of Information and Management Technology (OIMT) will provide the training, guidelines and technical support to IT Systems Specialist. It is the responsibility of the IT Systems Specialist to keep OIMT informed of issues and/or proposed system modifications (hardware and software purchases) via tools provided by OIMT IT Operations team such as request templates, support email address, and OIMT Technical Approval group email address.
The objectives and duties include but are not limited to:
- Local network maintenance and installation (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP);
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Server and server application maintenance (Hardware integration, Windows 2012 / 2016 server maintenance, Hyper-V, WSUS services, antivirus maintenance and monitoring, backup services);
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Suite, IBM Notes, O365 general use and troubleshooting, antivirus installation and troubleshooting);
- User support and training;
- Management and supervision of support provided by local companies (ISP or other provides or IT services);
- Responsible for all of the above mentioned tasks in Project’s field offices;
- Regular communication with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination;
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc., in compliance with DAI IT Standards and procedures);
- Administer IP PBX extensions;
- Maintain IP PBX hardware and phones;
- Communicate with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of special features on the system;
- Assist local office managers in properly inventorying IT equipment;
- Conduct IT assessments for beneficiaries and produce reports per DAI OIMT procedures;
- Prepare procurement specifications and SOWs for IT procurements per DAI standards;
- Review all IT procurement requests in TAMIS;
- Assist Facilities Manager and provide advice in annual IT inventory and software audits;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the project’s Field Operations Policy Manual and DAI Operations Manual.
The IT Systems Specialist will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field is required. An advance degree is preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in IT system administration, maintenance and user support; PC and Server support, knowledge of windows server & windows Client operating systems, Hyper-V visualization platform, Windows network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Print and file sharing, experience with IBM Notes Client configuration, Outlook client or O365 services, knowledge of backup and restore services, Physical and logical LAN and WAN infrastructure principles, Communication equipment and VPN services.
- Previous experience working on US Government funded projects highly preferred.
- No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer;
- Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Must have English language proficiency, verbal and written.
Applications from women, differently-abled persons and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by e-mail to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com before the close of work on Friday, 11th December 2020.
IMPORTANT: Please state the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
DAI will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Apply to Job