Information Management Officer based in Harare, Zimbabwe
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The position will be for an initial period of 6 months consultancy.
Starting Date: 1st of January 2021.
Minimum requirement: 3 years of experience, oral and written fluency in English is required.
Submission deadline by COB Friday 04 December.
The Information Management Officer (IMO) is one of the core Food Security Cluster (FSC)
Coordination team members and plays a vital role in collecting, analysing, and sharing information
that is important for the cluster stakeholders to make informed, evidence based and strategic
- Food security needs and geographic areas of affected populations
- Location and activity of Food Security actors
- Key gaps in activity/program coverage and response overlaps
- Existing capacity (human, material, financial) to be utilised in support of the identified
- Monitoring of the response against the HRP and other set indicators
The IMO reports to the Food Security Cluster Coordinator (FSC-CC) and responds to the FSC
Membership’s needs for information. The FSC IMO is responsible for the day to day management of
the FSC IM Tool, under the technical guidance and support of the IM team at the Global FSC.
The IMO needs to be able to liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and acts as a
‘bridge’ between food security decision makers and technical information management (IM) staff.
Fundamental to the job is the ability to design (and/or adapt) the right tools to collect and analyse
data as well as to present information in a way that is easily understood by the FSC members, and
external audience (i.e. graphic means such a mapping but also through tables, charts, and narrative
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the HNO preparation: provide data for FS indicators (based on JIAF); together with
- FSC-CC, and along with IMWG, analyse the severity of needs and define PiN
- Support the development, together with the FSC-CC and in consultation with sector
- partners, of the coordination of FSC response plans, strategy and logframe (e.g. HRP);
- Support FSC-CC in creating and monitoring FSC HPC online system for project submission;
- Proactively gather information from FSC partners and other organizations which may be of
- use in ensuring informed decision-making processes;
- Develop and maintain database about FSC partners’ activities, analyse and process the data,
- and share final information and products (dashboards, maps, etc.) with FSC partners. Ensure
- that data is collected and presented in a way consistent with the FSC objectives
- Ensure financial monitoring for cluster response activities (check OCHA FTS);
- Conduct secondary data review, compile an inventory of available assessments and provide
- FSC partners (and IPC where applicable) with a list of available information/data with
- respective sources on a regular basis (e.g. common Cluster / Sector data sets, including
- population data disaggregated by age and sex, assessments and other surveys such as EFSA
- /CFSAM/SMART, IPC);
- Create and maintain Contact directories and mailing lists;
- Maintain updated gFSC country and the FSC Humanitarian Response webpages with all
- relevant material;
- Conduct capacity building for FSC partners on IM (e.g. on monitoring / reporting formats,
- project submission, excel use);
- Contribute to the development of reports (Sitreps, Bulletins, newsletters) by providing the
- FSC-CC with data and information;
- Assist in organizing FSC Meetings and working groups (if applicable);
- Together with the FSC-CC, support gFSC initiatives, e.g. CCPM (Cluster Coordination
- Performance Monitoring), global cluster annual overview, global dashboards, etc.;
- Liaise with OCHA and IM Focal Points in other clusters, and attend IM Working Group
- meetings or other relevant WG meetings – share information as appropriate;
How to apply:
Should you be interested, please submit your updated PHF/P11 and also indicate your earliest availability date.
To apply visit the Food Security Cluster webpage: https://fscluster.org/document/information-management-officer-based
Apply to Job