Head of Support Services
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
In line with the framework agreement signed with the Government of Mexico, UNOPS supports the different collaboration initiatives by the government that are aimed at the fight against corruption and transparency in public management; as well as in exercises aimed at strengthening government actions in the areas of acquisitions, infrastructure and management of high impact projects in Mexico.
The work requires operational perspectives, management of resources ensuring transparency, effectiveness and efficiency that promotes the development and continuous strengthening of internal management in order to ensure high quality results, in accordance with the needs of the project partners in Mexico.
The Head of Support Services reports directly to the Country Office Director who provides direction and general supervision to a team of specialists in the areas of Finance, HR, Procurement, ICT, Security and Administration. The Head of Support Services is a critical leadership role responsible for providing an efficient and integrated support service for the Country Office and its portfolio - including support to the PharmaMX project, dealing on a daily basis with a diverse team of national and international professionals.
Summary of key results:
- Operational leadership, advisory and technical support
- Project planning and coordination support
- Financial and compliance management
- Human resource management
- Security, information technology and administration
- Knowledge management and innovation
- A Master’s degree is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience covering at least two of the following operations functions: Procurement, Finance, Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources. Knowledge of the other functions is desirable.
A minimum of 3 years of international leadership experience, including a proven track record managing diverse teams and operational systems is required.
Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
Fluent Spanish is required.
- Contract type: ICA - Individual Contract Agreement***
- Contract level: ICS12 equivalent to IICA4 (international pay scale). The applicable pay scale will be defined according to the selected candidate profile.***
- Contract duration: Ongoing contract subject to good performance and funds availability.***
Good working level English is required (minimum at an intermediate level)
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
How to apply:
To apply to this job, please visit the link in the UNOPS Jobs portal and complete your profile information.
Apply to Job