Head of Products - GIS
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
for the GIS Centre
GIS at MSF has been developed as a service to MSF operations since 2013. In January 2021, the GIS services will be transformed in an Intersectional Centre of Expertise & Services serving effectively the full Movement. The GIS Centre will build on the existing service team, maximizing the past investments, maintain continuity of service, and continue fostering the GIS network within the humanitarian community. The GIS Centre will be coordinated from Geneva and organized as a network of internal and external partners spread out across France, Austria, and Czech Republic, etc.
GIS core mission is to support informed decision making through better spatial comprehension, enhancing the focus of health services around patients, and increasing the impact and efficiency of MSF’s regular and emergency interventions. GIS service team aims to provide an intersectional operational support system, thanks to a framework of dedicated tools and services, that is reliable, agile, adapted to emergency contexts and needs, timely, and efficient.
The Head of Products for the GIS Centre will manage and lead the GIS solution team, oversee the delivery of the IT solutions and will ensure that all architecture and implementation deliverables are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet the internal customer expectations. ). (S)he is expert of very high level in their field (geomatics) and accountable for the product stream which includes:
- GIS Products, platform and infrastructure management (development, maintenance, testing)
- GIS Data management and administration
- Technical support
- Managing providers
Main tasks are to :
- contribute to the definition and implements the policy
- manage her/his budget
- manage the internal, partnered and external teams (Chambery; Geneva, Prague, Vienna/ Salzburg
As manager of the product stream
(S)he is accountable for Product development, maintenance and management, functional and technical testing
(S)he is accountable for Platform & products availability, Infrastructure management and technical support
(S)he is accountable for Geospatial data management, processing and administration as well as of external datasets integration R&D
(S)he is accountable for Mobile Data Collection, R&D Technological watch
(S)he is responsible of Technical Providers management
- Bachelor or university degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field.
- Post-graduate diploma / certificate in GIS or data management is a strong asset.
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in IT
- 5 years of work experience as project manager
- Experience with multiple technologies and functions
- Experience in GIS (or other cross functional) systems deployment with a strong architecture component
- Experience in data management, software development and integration
- Experience in an international environment
- Outstanding analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong capacity to capture the demands of the lines of business and transform them into solutions
- Excellent overall understanding of IT matter (architecture, data, tailor-made and off-the-shelf business and IT solutions, IT organization, technologies)
- Knowledge of GIS systems is an asset
- Knowledge of various business areas
- Strong project management skills
- Capacity to lead internal and external project team
- Vendor management
- Project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Hermes) or recognized project management curriculum
- Enterprise architecture certification (TOGAF) is an asset
- Fluent in both English and French (oral and written)
- Strong capacity to manage expectations
- Outstanding capacity to deliver
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong oral and written presentation skills
- Autonomous and very well organized
- Charismatic and capacity to convince
- Excellent team player/team leader
- Quality and results oriented
- Committed to MSF values
Terms of Employment
- Open-ended contract
- Full-time position
- Working place: Geneva
Ideal starting date: 01.02.2021
Gross annual salary: from CHF 106’140.- to CHF 121'080.- (salary commensurate with experience and according to internal salary grid)
How to apply:
Only applications submitted on the recruitment platform will be considered. Applications must contain : CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English or French.
The deadline for applications is 3rd December 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Apply to Job