Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Consultant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Leonard Cheshire is leading a consortium to deliver a new programme named Skills for Prosperity Kenya (S4PKe). We are looking for a talented Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Consultant. The consultant will develop a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan for the S4PKe Programme. The consultant will work closely with Leonard Cheshire’s Programmes Technical Lead for Economic Inclusion and Innovation as well as the S4PKe team to deliver the assignment. The consultant will also liaise closely with Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) which is one of the partners in the S4PKe consortium.
The GESI Strategy and Action Plan should meet the following requirements:
- Logically structured, concise, well presented and understandable to the intended audience
- Apply the Prosperity Fund Gender and Inclusion Framework for Programme Development, (to be provided), ensuring the programme is at least level 1 (minimum compliance), yet aiming for impact at empowerment (level 2) and where possible, transformational change (level 3).
- Clear impact analysis ensuring the programme aims to address identified social inclusion issues, and demonstration of how gender and social inclusion considerations have influenced decisions on priority regions and sectors, including marginalised groups, indigenous communities, disabled people.
- Clearly links impact analysis to proposed programme interventions and activities, explaining rationale for interventions and activities, and clearly explaining the level of ambition for each intervention or activities, as per the Prosperity Fund Gender and Inclusion Framework.
- Clear risk analysis and mitigation plans on gender and social inclusion.
- Clear baselines and indicators for interventions and activities.
- Clear key performance indicators for monitoring linked to MREL plan and including G&SI-disaggregated data and G&SI-specific indicators. As a minimum, programmes should collect disaggregated data by sex, age and income quintile and to include at least one KPI on gender.
- Clearly identify and allocate financial/human resources for implementation of the Strategy and Action Plan, with narrative on how G&SI-related activities have been costed in.
- The GESI Action Plan format is flexible but at a minimum should include key activities, timelines, responsibilities and any budgeted costs.
- Submission of the GESI Strategy and Action Plan should be in 3 phases: (a) Outline of GESI Strategy and Action Plan (b) Draft GESI Strategy and Action Plan (c) Final GESI Strategy and Action Plan.
The timeframe for this consultancy is from 1st December to 30th December 2020. The consultant should ensure the completion of the GESI Strategy and Action Plan within this timeframe. The level of effort for this assignment is approximately 20 days.
How to apply:
Please submit an Expression of Interest which should include the following:
A detailed technical proposal including:
Description of how your skills and experience match the TOR requirements,
Your understanding of the assignment
Proposed methodology and work plan
A financial proposal: Should include a detailed budget in Kenya Shillings
Your CV, including track-record of recent projects, references of at least three (3) recent clients.
Sample of similar GESI Strategy and Action Plan developed
Please respond with your Expression of Interest to Marjorie.Okora@leonardcheshire.org by COB 27th November 2020.
Apply to Job