Field Coordinator- Central Africa Regional Third-Party Monitoring Project
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Project Position: Field Coordinator
Organization: ORB International**
Job Type: Full Time**
Experience: 3 to 5 years**
Location: Kinshasa, DRC **
CONTACT: Yuliya Dudaronak (email@example.com) with CART Field Coordinator in the subject line.
The Field Coordinator will ensure high quality implementation of CART field monitoring efforts of OFDA/FFP grants in DRC, ROC, and CAR. The Field Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day coordination and supervision of enumeration teams, including quality control and compliance with technical procedures, field deployment planning, operations and protocol.
· Assist with the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of activities at the province and local government level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) on the other hand with the objective of achieving CART’s goals.
- Coordinate field activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Support engagement with the implementing partners, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program’s activities to deliver on the targets for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities - Key Responsibilities
· Responsible for management and coordination of all field activities across the three countries
· Must be able to process complex (often emergency-related) information from numerous sources and decide upon actions that ensure of staff safety, no beneficiary harm, preserve project integrity, and remain consistent with local law and tradition (as appropriate).
· Facilitates coordination with CART management team.
· Remotely manages a team of DRC-based Lead Field Monitors (“Monitoring Managers” in budget schedule) as well as Monitors, coordinating field assignments, deployment, personnel tracking, data collection, and communications protocols.
· Oversees first-stage data entry process and requisite data quality reviews.
· Coordinates with the Security Specialist to manage implementation of security protocols governing daily field movements.
· Ensures of the proper training of each field staff member associated with the data collection and reporting workstream.
· Coordinates to ensure proper field staffing, avoiding any conflicts of interest at the field level, and ensuring sufficient support and resourcing for all field work.
· Determines best approaches to integrate alternative site monitoring plans.
· Develops “Field Monitoring Decision Support Matrix” – whereby field staff have necessary tools and criteria in the field to decide if a monitoring assignment is safe.
· BA/BSc/MSc in Project Management/Disaster and Risk Management/Political Science
· Expertise in Humanitarian Access Management and field enumeration with two-years of experience in a similar role, preferably with an NGO or development organization.
· A deep familiarity with the dynamics associated with grant-related USAID implementing partner activities in the NE states.
· Strong attention to detail; this role involves many separate and specific tasks and close collaboration with numerous associated stakeholders.
· A strong leader, manager, communicator, collaborator and decision-maker.
· Knowledge in Monitoring & Evaluation, Field Assessments with specific familiarity and field work experience in the Eastern Congo, CAR, or border regions with ROC.
· Good analytical and report writing skills highlighting sound organisation skills and task prioritisation abilities.
· IT Skills: Good knowledge of Office Software; Excel, Word, Outlook with GIS familiarity.
· Experience and comfort working with online collaboration platforms.
· Able to communicate in regional languages, French and English.
· Capacity to handle large work volumes
· Ability to work under pressure and good stress management capacity
· Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
· Ability to work in multicultural environmental
· Active Listener, good Interpersonal skills
· Good negotiation, strong relationship building and networking skills
· Diplomatic and courteous
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· Abide CART’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial, procurement etc.
- Support DCOP in the management process of team leaders, enumerators and contractors. To ensure effective utilization of project funds.
- Support the DCOP in planning, reviewing and tracking progress on field monitoring activities, implementation as well as on the utilization of CART resources, effective technical management and reporting.
- Assist the DCOP in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Report on follow up, trainings, support provided to enumeration teams, field monitoring and verification activities
- Document success stories and support the development of context monitoring reports.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Building CART progress reports into quarterly, annual and final reports and respond to the queries related to field monitoring activities.
- Ensure that all CART field documentation is well organized and easy to access on the portal.
How to apply:
CONTACT: Yuliya Dudaronak (firstname.lastname@example.org) with CART Field Coordinator in the subject line
Apply to Job