Energy experts | Asia | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a energy-sector projects and activities throughout the world. We are seeking energy experts for the anticipated USAID funded Asia Enhancing Growth and Development through Energy (EDGE) Activity. The Asia EDGE is a regional activity that aims to develop sound energy infrastructure, enable energy sector reforms, grow sustainable, and secure energy markets throughout the Indo-Pacific. It will draw on the expertise and resources of the U.S. government (USG), private sector, international financial institutions, and will also seek collaboration with like-minded government and non-government partners. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Electric Utility Performance Improvement
- Power Grid Interconnection and Integration, including Cross Border Trading and Regional Power Market Development
- Regional LNG Infrastructure and Trading
- Clean Energy Technology Innovation and Adoption, including Cooling Technologies
- Market Development for Energy Efficiency Technologies and Services, including Direct End-User Services and Utility-Scale Demand Side Management
- LNG-to-Power Market Development
- Policy and Regulatory Advocacy, and Tariff Reform
- Renewable Energy Project Development
- Competitive Procurement of Energy and Energy Services, including Power Auctions
- Grid Integration of Distributed Energy Resources
- Increased participation of women in leadership roles throughout the energy industry
- Advanced degree in Economics, Energy/Environmental Policy, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible work experience in energy programs
- Demonstrated experience in energy sector development and significant experience in implementing programs in developing countries
- Minimum of three years of experience working in developing countries preferred
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, bilateral and multilateral entities etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Coordinating skills and an excellent record of working with other donors and experience working on infrastructure sector programs
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply:
Please submit a CV, a cover letter, and three references to AsiaEDGERecruit@chemonics.com with technical expertise listed in the subject line by Friday, December 18, 2020. The CVs are reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted for interviews.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job